The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 06, 2001, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Here's one that came up for discussion one day. A pitcher is stalling for time you gave the pitcher the play ball signal and the pitcher refuses to pitch what are the effects or penalties would or could you do and what if after 2 or 3 warnings and pitcher is still refusing to pitch within the 10 seconds allowed tring to stall for time. If you remove the pitcher in this situation in a time clock game the pitcher wins because it takes more time to remove the pitcher and bring in a new one. Thanks
Old Tue Feb 06, 2001, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
I don't remember the exact rule citation, 4.5.E I think, allows the umpire to forfeit the game if the coach or any of the players is doing anything to delibretely lengthen or shorten the game. I think that dropping that notice on the manager and the pitcher should speed up her delivery quite a bit.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2001, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Sam,
That's twice this week I had to look for something in the book, gonna have to intensify my studies a bit. In Fed, that's under Rule 4, Section 3, Article 1c. In ASA, you can find that in Rule 5, Section 4, Articles C-E.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2001, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
Talking

Thanks Steve,

Almost had the rule cite right, just reversed the numbers. As you can see, my book larning needs a bit o refreshing too.