The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   RAIN (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/16606-rain.html)

whiskers_ump Tue Nov 23, 2004 06:37pm

My little community has had 22" of rain since Sat.and it
is still pouring. Two tornados on the ground. If it does
not stop soon, I will be floating in the Gulf of Mexico.

azbigdawg Tue Nov 23, 2004 08:48pm

rain...whats that?

oppool Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:05pm

go away rain

We are right there with you Glen up in Big D. I have lost out 3 tournaments in the last 5 weeks and it still raining here. Had 90mph winds around here today. The one good thing about doing basketball for the next couple of months is it is inside......NO RAINOUTS

Have a good Thanksgiving Everyone

Don

WestMichBlue Wed Nov 24, 2004 08:02am

All of our games are going to have to be cancelled today - we have winter storm warnings. Hazardous travel, up to 6".

Ooops, we don't have any games scheduled. See ya in the spring.

WMB

FUBLUE Wed Nov 24, 2004 09:55am

Here, anywhere from Thunderstorms to 1-2 inches of snow.

Mom/Dad's house: 2-4 inches of snow, with more possible Lake Effect. That stuff is about as predictable as Bandit's strike zone.

azbigdawg Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:30am

hmmm... 70 here today

FUBLUE Wed Nov 24, 2004 03:58pm

Quote:

Originally posted by azbigdawg
hmmm... 70 here today
70 here too...just 70MPH wind!

IRISHMAFIA Wed Nov 24, 2004 05:40pm

Re: go away rain

Quote:

Originally posted by oppool
We are right there with you Glen up in Big D. I have lost out 3 tournaments in the last 5 weeks and it still raining here. Had 90mph winds around here today. The one good thing about doing basketball for the next couple of months is it is inside......NO RAINOUTS

Have a good Thanksgiving Everyone

Don

Good! You shouldn't be playing softball this time of year anyhow!

Skahtboi Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:40pm

The weather has been on a roller coaster here. Rained most of last week and the week before. Missed a tournament for that. Then, over Thanksgiving, it was cold Wednesday, warmer on Thursday, in the mid seventies on Friday, back to the 60's on Saturday, started raining last night and has been doing the same all day today. Tomorrow we have a chance for sleet, then back to the 50's and 60's on the following days. Hope that it holds so that I can get in this weekend's tournament.

Skahtboi Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:43pm

Re: Re: go away rain

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:

Good! You shouldn't be playing softball this time of year anyhow!

Curmudgeon! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/Cartangry.gif

Leecedar Mon Nov 29, 2004 09:35pm

I feel so sorry for you folks.... we have had beautiful skies, just brief passing showers occasionally, low temps in the 60's, highs around 80's. Of course, we had a little bit of a rough September, when a few friends came here... Bonnie, Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne. So, I guess we're owed some nice weather.

Lee

Shmuelg Tue Nov 30, 2004 03:15am

Whiskers,

Send some of that rain to us. Here in Israel, when it rains, everyone is happy.

You can keep the tornadoes, though.

We had some rain last week, a double winter storm that actually brought some snow in the Hermon mountains in the north. Cold here in the coastal plain (40's). Tonight, first practice for National Team, getting ready for the Maccabiah next summer. Looking forward to it.

Oh, I pitch, too.

Bandit Wed Dec 01, 2004 07:48am

Ouch !

Quote:

Originally posted by FUBLUE

Mom/Dad's house: 2-4 inches of snow, with more possible Lake Effect. That stuff is about as predictable as Bandit's strike zone.

What's up with this ? I believe my ankle high strike zone is very consistent. Just ask my father-in-law. Mr Irish, when is ever NOT the season to play softball. Shame on you.

Leecedar Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:26am

Bandit...

I received a great reply that appears to apply to you, so I'll pass on these wonderful words of wisdom. Whenever you call that ankle-high strike, and a coach yells out something like, "Blue, he couldn't have hit that with a nine-iron!", simply respond by saying, "Coach, you're right. That one takes a wedge every time!"

FUBLUE Wed Dec 01, 2004 01:55pm

Re: Ouch !

Quote:

Originally posted by Bandit
Quote:

Originally posted by FUBLUE

What's up with this ? I believe my ankle high strike zone is very consistent. Just ask my father-in-law. Mr Irish, when is ever NOT the season to play softball. Shame on you.

Gotta say it: Would your zone change if the pitcher was stepping of the pitching plate by, oh, say 6 inches or so? :)