The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 18, 2004, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

This past weekend, we were asked to work a College Recruiting camp at a local college. The format was 2-15 Inning Games. Straight Thru - No Breaks during the game.

So Mrs. Kellerump worked the the first 15 innings on the plate with Seniors v Juniors. The players were held to the ACTUAL 1 min between innings, no group hugs after a routine play, pitchers being ready to go, open substitution, ect.....

In short, for the most part the game was played straight-up. AND YOU KNOW WHAT....IT TOOK HER 2.5 Hours to COMPLETE 15 COMPLETE INNINGS. The pitching was good, but not really great. I thought there were more D1 and D2 Fielder Prospects as opposed to pitching.

The 2nd game between Sophmores and Freshman took 3 Hours to Complete. The Sophmore pitchers impressed me alot. One girl I would guess was throwing low 60's with some serious movement. All the College Coaches were gunning and drooling....It was classic.

My point....well if we can eliminate all the "Extra" meetings that are taking place during the course of the game, we could get back to a normal game time of 75 mins to 90 mins.

Despite the long day, it was alot of fun. The players(Even the freshmen) were all trying to impress the college coaches by hustling, playing hard, and above all HAVING FUN.

Now hopefully we are done until Febuary.