Old Sun Aug 01, 2004, 09:14pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

...Hooked up with them this weekend.
Fine folks.
mick
Old Sun Aug 01, 2004, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Hey thanks Mick. Had a good time, looking forward to joining you in Yooper Land in Sept.

WMB
Old Mon Aug 02, 2004, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Uh, kids today mean something else when they say "hooked up".

Or did you mean.....

I have college kids that work for me, they abuse my vocabulary every chance that they get.
Old Mon Aug 02, 2004, 04:20pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampaignBlue
Uh, kids today mean something else when they say "hooked up".
Or did you mean.....
I have college kids that work for me, they abuse my vocabulary every chance that they get.
Ya know, ...made in-person contact (sans computer).
mick

Old Mon Aug 02, 2004, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampaignBlue
Or did you mean.....
Yo gee, I'm down wich ja. Bow-chick-a-bow-bow... a little Barry White on the jams.

Just kidding, Mick and WMB. I think it would be great to meet up with some of the folks on here. Maybe a tourney where it was just us calling. I'm sure non of us would miss a call. :-)
Old Mon Aug 02, 2004, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Its fun actually meeting people that you have become somewhat acquainted with on-line. Obviously they don’t look or act anything like the mental image you had built from limited written conversations. Now I am not going to tell any tales on Mick (yet) – but after we meet in the far North Lake Superior neighborhood in September I may divulge some stories.

It was a real pleasure to meet OMQ, a lady official well respected in this state. Over 12,000 officials are currently registered in Michigan, and many thousands more have passed through the ranks of high school officials. For thirteen years the Michigan H.S. Athletic Assoc has honored an outstanding official, not only for their commitment and dedications to high school sports, but also for extensive civic and community contributions. In 2000 the first female to receive this award was a women who had officiated many softball and basketball tournament games at many levels; in fact she was the first female to officiate a boys basketball state championship game. Of course her contributions were well beyond just officiating and included officials administrative positions along with many years of community service.

We know her as OatMealQueen; she doesn’t get on here too often, but when she does say thanks. Thanks for not only being a great official, but also a great American citizen.

WMB
Old Tue Aug 03, 2004, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
TTFN

I'm sure I'd enjoy meeting either WMB or OMQ and most of the rest of you, either on or off the field. Maybe some of you fellow Marylanders, next spring.

It's time for me to focus on soccer. I will miss all of you and these discussions, but you will have to lecture and correct someone else at least until winter.
Old Tue Aug 03, 2004, 08:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WestMichBlue
Its fun actually meeting people that you have become somewhat acquainted with on-line. Obviously they don’t look or act anything like the mental image you had built from limited written conversations. Now I am not going to tell any tales on Mick (yet) – but after we meet in the far North Lake Superior neighborhood in September I may divulge some stories.

It was a real pleasure to meet OMQ, a lady official well respected in this state. Over 12,000 officials are currently registered in Michigan, and many thousands more have passed through the ranks of high school officials. For thirteen years the Michigan H.S. Athletic Assoc has honored an outstanding official, not only for their commitment and dedications to high school sports, but also for extensive civic and community contributions. In 2000 the first female to receive this award was a women who had officiated many softball and basketball tournament games at many levels; in fact she was the first female to officiate a boys basketball state championship game. Of course her contributions were well beyond just officiating and included officials administrative positions along with many years of community service.

We know her as OatMealQueen; she doesn’t get on here too often, but when she does say thanks. Thanks for not only being a great official, but also a great American citizen.

WMB

Thanks for the nice thoughts.
It was really nice meeting Mick and WMB. Super people, and both still have their own hair.
We all feel close to the officiating community that frequents this forum. Finally nice to meet some of them.
Old Tue Aug 03, 2004, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Hey, Glen (Whiskers ump) and I got to work the AFA National in Beaumont this past week. It was great getting to meet him finally and I knew immediately who he was with out being introduced. Glen, please post the pictures I sent you. Papasmurf indeed :-)
Old Wed Aug 04, 2004, 04:45pm
Official Forum Member

Re: TTFN

Quote:
Originally posted by CecilOne

It's time for me to focus on soccer.
What forums do you go to for soccer?
Old Thu Aug 05, 2004, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Re: Re: TTFN

Quote:
Originally posted by WinterWillie
Quote:
Originally posted by CecilOne

It's time for me to focus on soccer.
What forums do you go to for soccer?
This one, use "Forum Jump" to Soccer, also NFHS Soccer which is what I officate:
http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va...f=14&submit=Go