Thread: WMB and OMQ
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 03, 2004, 08:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WestMichBlue
Its fun actually meeting people that you have become somewhat acquainted with on-line. Obviously they don’t look or act anything like the mental image you had built from limited written conversations. Now I am not going to tell any tales on Mick (yet) – but after we meet in the far North Lake Superior neighborhood in September I may divulge some stories.

It was a real pleasure to meet OMQ, a lady official well respected in this state. Over 12,000 officials are currently registered in Michigan, and many thousands more have passed through the ranks of high school officials. For thirteen years the Michigan H.S. Athletic Assoc has honored an outstanding official, not only for their commitment and dedications to high school sports, but also for extensive civic and community contributions. In 2000 the first female to receive this award was a women who had officiated many softball and basketball tournament games at many levels; in fact she was the first female to officiate a boys basketball state championship game. Of course her contributions were well beyond just officiating and included officials administrative positions along with many years of community service.

We know her as OatMealQueen; she doesn’t get on here too often, but when she does say thanks. Thanks for not only being a great official, but also a great American citizen.

WMB

Thanks for the nice thoughts.
It was really nice meeting Mick and WMB. Super people, and both still have their own hair.
We all feel close to the officiating community that frequents this forum. Finally nice to meet some of them.