Old Sun Jun 06, 2004, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WestMichBlue
WMB

Ditto!!
Old Sun Jun 06, 2004, 08:40pm
Official Forum Member

Normally, I would agree. But it would be nice to see the Mailman get his ring. If only he could get one without Kobe getting one, too.
Old Sun Jun 06, 2004, 08:42pm
Never Stop Learning

Mailmans a good player but never would have gotten where he is without Stockton. GO PISTONS

[Edited by Ed Maeder on Jun 6th, 2004 at 09:45 PM]
Old Sun Jun 06, 2004, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Paaaa-Leeeeese!

It's bad enough that you introduce something on the softball board that isn't softball, but this isn't even a sport.

It's a god-damn show where there are little to no rules and what there is, is rarely called with any consistency.

Take it over to the Fairy Tales or Magic Kingdom board where reality is not a requirement for discussion.

Old Sun Jun 06, 2004, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

"there are little to no rules"

Oh, yeah, no FLEX, no Re-entry, no substitution rule; just let the players come in and out whenever the coach wants to.

Forget LBR, never argue about IP's, as long as they don't take more than 4 or 5 steps everything is cool!

Forget inteference and obstruction, everything is accidental contact (unless your'e shooting).

Bring on Hoops!

BTW Mike - which professional team from the State of Deleware do you root for?

WMB
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Go Pistons

Quote:
"there are little to no rules"

Oh, yeah, no FLEX, no Re-entry, no substitution rule; just let the players come in and out whenever the coach wants to.

Forget LBR, never argue about IP's, as long as they don't take more than 4 or 5 steps everything is cool!

Forget inteference and obstruction, everything is accidental contact (unless your'e shooting).

Bring on Hoops!

WMB
Richard Hamilton was on the University of Connecticut's National Championship Team in 1999. When they absolutely, positively needed a basket, Rip got it. He did it then, when UConn beat Duke, and he will do it again for all the world to see when the Pistons beat the Lakers. (The worst mistake Micheal Jordan ever made was trading Richard Hamilton.)

Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Bring on Hoops!

WMB
Have you ever noticed that people who don't have a valid argument for something always try to intimidate others by asking what team do you have?

I don't cheer for major level professional team no matter where they are located. Yeah, I like the local minor leagues and college teams, but could give a sh** about any of the MAJOR sports leagues. Besides, once Delaware brings about sports betting, the fewer associations with major sports, the better.

What's even worse, I didn't even mention the team, just the alleged "sport". Grow up.

Wanna talk hoops, go to their board.

JMHO, DCAY,

Mike

[Edited by IRISHMAFIA on Jun 7th, 2004 at 09:59 AM]
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Paaaa-Leeeeese!

It's bad enough that you introduce something on the softball board that isn't softball, but this isn't even a sport.

It's a god-damn show where there are little to no rules and what there is, is rarely called with any consistency.

Take it over to the Fairy Tales or Magic Kingdom board where reality is not a requirement for discussion.

I was wondering what in the hell they were talking about in this thread. Now I know. Thanks!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

"Grow up."

My, a little touchy, aren't we. So what you don't like pro sports. You don't have to, but millions of people do.

Fan in Michigan love pro sports (and show it with their pocket books). The "Joe" holds 20K and the only way to get season tickets to the Red Wings is for someone to die. The Pistons lead the NBA in attendance (22K+). Even when they are lousy the Lions sell out Ford Field and the Tigers sell a million tickets. And a 100K+ show up at MIS for NASCAR races.

And is that is not enough, how 'bout those that love college sports. On a given Saturday over 200K could be watching football at just 3 schools - UoM, MSU, and WMU. 75K paid to see MSU play Kentucky in Basketball last season, and 75K saw UoM play MSU in hockey a couple years ago.

And now that the score for the opening game is posted, I can say more emphatically - GO PISTONS!

WMB
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
"Grow up."

My, a little touchy, aren't we.

Just think that comments is a bit juvenille, sorta like, my dad can whip your dad.
Quote:

So what you don't like pro sports. You don't have to, but millions of people do.
Maybe it's the absurd amounts of money paid to the players, whining, money charged the fans, whining, fans who pay the ridiculous prices and complain while doing so, whining, the atrocious amount of money paid by municipalities for arenas by the tax payer while the owners, players and leagues get richer and still whine.

Oh, yeah, BTW, did I mention the whining?

Quote:
Fan in Michigan love pro sports (and show it with their pocket books). The "Joe" holds 20K and the only way to get season tickets to the Red Wings is for someone to die. The Pistons lead the NBA in attendance (22K+). Even when they are lousy the Lions sell out Ford Field and the Tigers sell a million tickets. And a 100K+ show up at MIS for NASCAR races.
Well, 200K+ show up in Dover for NASCAR weekends, but there's more to that weekend then just racin'. Fans in Philly and Boston love pro sports, too. Does that make them a better community? No. Especially if you've seen how the fans act before, during and after an event. You would think you were at Marshall Univ. they way the fans do not behave.

Quote:
And is that is not enough, how 'bout those that love college sports. On a given Saturday over 200K could be watching football at just 3 schools - UoM, MSU, and WMU. 75K paid to see MSU play Kentucky in Basketball last season, and 75K saw UoM play MSU in hockey a couple years ago.
Yes, Delaware has collegiate football. You may have heard that UD won the only NCAA Div I National Football Championship this year. And before you go on about UD copying UM's uniform, you should know that UM stole their uniform design from Princeton.

Delaware may be small, but the diversity in entertainment, education, participation and spectator sports, pro, collegiate or youth and adult amateur, is so great within 2 hours, there is much more to do than in most parts of the country. Did I happen to mention that we sit right in the middle of the New York-Philadelphia-Baltimore-DC corridor?

Delaware doesn't need big time sports, or anything else for that matter, to enjoy those experiences larger areas do, so when it come down to it, why would I care about professional sports in Delaware? They are not necessary to the community.

Quote:
And now that the score for the opening game is posted, I can say more emphatically - GO PISTONS!

WMB
Talk and early leads are cheap. Don't believe me, ask the teams from the Philly area. Or you can even ask a certain horse from Philly.

However, even if the Pistons win, so what? A bunch of grown men running around in their underwear showing off for anyone who will watch.

AFAI'MC, I'd rather see the Globetrotters. At least they make no bones about being entertainers.

Mike
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 05:28pm
In Memoriam

Cool

Oh, my!
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Paaaa-Leeeeese!

With all due respect,
If one does not like professional sports and professional athletes, why would one open and reply to a thread with the headline "Go Pistons"?
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen
Quote:
Paaaa-Leeeeese!

With all due respect,
If one does not like professional sports and professional athletes, why would one open and reply to a thread with the headline "Go Pistons"?
Maybe because one likes needling those who do?

Speaking of early leads, ask the Spurs about that, too.
Old Tue Jun 08, 2004, 08:07am
Official Forum Member

National Championships

Quote:

Yes, Delaware has collegiate football. You may have heard that UD won the only NCAA Div I National Football Championship this year. And before you go on about UD copying UM's uniform, you should know that UM stole their uniform design from Princeton.

Mike
You left out one major detail. UD won the NCAA Div 1 AA
National Championship. UM and Princeton are NCAA Div 1 A schools and any comparison between them and UD is irrelevant. To put that in terms you might appreciate, that is the equivalent of calling a pitch in FP softball over the center of the plate and just above the knees, a ball.