The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

I have a girl on my team who at the time we started playing little league, she was still on the schools junior varsity team . Which made her not be able to play little league until the school released her. we started the season and played three games with the next two games being rained out (never Started) she was suppose to start playing with us on the second rain out game. now here's my question . The president of the league told me that because she was not playing yet on the first rain out game that she could play but would be considered a pool player and would not be allowed to pitch and the only thing I can find in the rule book says she can play and says nothing at all about pitching please help
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
It sounds like your league presidednt si using a *******ized version of Regulation V. However since you originially drafted the young lady, she should be allowed to play and pitch for your team. I would suggest that you attempt to get the issue before the entire BoD.

SamC
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

IT DOES NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RAIN OUT GAMES NOT PLAYED. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT DOES IT NOT SAY THAT ANY CHILD ON YOUR ROSTER MAY PITCH? EVERY THING ON ANY RAIN OUTS ARE GAMES HALTED DUE TO WEATHER LIGHTS OR CURFEW
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

No need to shout - we're just trying to help.

You may find a few more LL-knowledgable folks on the eteamz softball board.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
It sounds to me like your president is claiming that since the girl missed the first 5 games, even though 2 of those were rainouts, that he is unilaterally removing her from your team and placing her in this "pool." There is no rule or regulstion to justify this action which is why I suggested that you take it to yout BoD. If that doesn't work you can always contact yout DA.

SamC
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Let me guess...The league president also just happens to coach another team in your league. Further, the league president also happens to know that your player is probably pretty good and may threaten the mini-kingdom they have created.

In any case, I would complain loudly.
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

There is alot of LL stuff on the eteamz BASEBALL board.