The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

A buddy of mine called me late last week to work a HS game with him last night and since I did not have a game scheduled, I accepted. I only knew the game site, home school, and start time. It was on the other side of the city, where I don't usually work.

I got to the game and found out that one of our better local teams was playing Eastview HS, from the Twin Cities area of Minnesota!

Good ball game, Eastview ended up winning 2-1 in eight innings. Considering that they had not played any games yet this year, I thought they looked pretty good.

After talking a little bit to the coaches and players, I found out that they are here in Phoenix for a week to play four games, one against the defending state champion, currently ranked 4th in the country by USA Today.

I always enjoy the opportunities to see and work with teams from other areas.
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 12:57pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Talking

And this week might be the first time they've seen any grass! I heard sometimes the snow doesn't melt in Minnesota till April or May, depending on the weather. I haven't talked to my relatives up there so dunno if it's green or still white, or worse yet, black and white.
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

75 and sunny here in Minnesota this week. We even have green grass. Eastview is one of the top teams in Minnnesota state champion last year I think. Their shortstop was on the team that got 2nd in A nationals last year with the Rosemount Irish. The great weather won't last long though, I hear snow may be in order on Friday. Fortunately that will only last a day.