The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Hats Off to Ft. Worth Metro ASA for the great job they did hosting the National School this past weekend. Thanks to
Brenda Grubbs Commissioner,Frankie Milam UIC, Jay Garner Dep.UIC and all the umpires that assisted from the area.
Your hospitality was certainly appreciated.

Thanks to Henry Pollard, Dave Epperson and Walt Sparks for the outstanding job they did and for their ability to keeping
things moving and interesting.
It goes without saying that they have a wealth of knowledge about the game of softball and they do not mind sharing.

For anyone that is thinking of attending one of the ASA National Schools, signup early, you will not regret it.

Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Ditto to what Carroll says. Hope to get up to Comanche one day and see some games Carroll.

Larry
Old Fri Dec 19, 2003, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Larry,
I believe there were 82 umpires at the ASA/NUS in Ft. Worth. I know some of them monitor this board.

Are there any other opinions on the school?

What are the chances of actually being selected to call in a national tournament?

Happy Holidays!!!!
Old Sat Dec 20, 2003, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bluejay Send a message via Yahoo to bluejay
Carroll, National tournament assignments are given by your State or Metro Association. In your case State. I know that Texas has a number of slots for both Slow and Fast Pitch in 2004. Contact your district UIC and make sure he knows you attended the NUS and that you would like a National assignment. I know that Texas, aside from the Metros has more than 2000 registered ASA umpires. Some times it is hard to get seen by the people that make those assignments. So contact that UIC or perhaps even Richard Crocker, your state UIC, and let them know of your interest. You need to do that quickly to have a shot for 2004. Those assignments are made early in the year.

Jay Garner
Deputy UIC
Metro Fort Worth ASA
Old Mon Dec 22, 2003, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluejay
Carroll, National tournament assignments are given by your State or Metro Association. In your case State. I know that Texas has a number of slots for both Slow and Fast Pitch in 2004. Contact your district UIC and make sure he knows you attended the NUS and that you would like a National assignment. I know that Texas, aside from the Metros has more than 2000 registered ASA umpires. Some times it is hard to get seen by the people that make those assignments. So contact that UIC or perhaps even Richard Crocker, your state UIC, and let them know of your interest. You need to do that quickly to have a shot for 2004. Those assignments are made early in the year.

Jay Garner
Deputy UIC
Metro Fort Worth ASA
Thanks for the information Jay, I will contact my district and state UIC to let them know I am interested.