The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 21, 2003, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

ASA has finally posted a list under the section 2004 and Beyond Approved Bats.

Here is the link to the list: 2004 ASA Certified Bats

This is a very long list. Since no one seems to like my solution of placing the onus on the coach / manager during the plate meeting, is everyone planning on taking this list to every game and checking the team's bats against the list?

Also the list, as long as it is, seems incomplete. Anderson Bat Company is not listed, yet they have publicly stated several months ago that their Rocket Tech bat passed the ASA 2004 testing.
Old Tue Oct 21, 2003, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota

Also the list, as long as it is, seems incomplete. Anderson Bat Company is not listed, yet they have publicly stated several months ago that their Rocket Tech bat passed the ASA 2004 testing.
You're kidding! A bat manufacturer possibly lied for marketing purposes!

I don't believe it!
Old Tue Oct 21, 2003, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

In the league I played in here in ND, all the bats that your team will use needed to be brought to our league office. Then the office checked the bats to see it they complied, if they did, an ASA hologram sticker was wrapped around the handle of the bat. The umpires were told, no sticker, no bat. Took all the quesswork out for the umpire and put the onus on the players or manger to get the bats checked.
Old Wed Oct 22, 2003, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

This list is not complete yet, They stated they would be adding bats to the list as they are tested and right now I see no Andersons or Mizunos and I doubt very seriously that every bat by both manufacturers are not approved especially with Anderson stating that all their bats will be approved. So get ready, This "long" list will only get longer.

PS: From Nate at Anderson:
"Being on the list depends on the contract being signed. we just got the contract last night. It will be signed and sent fed ex today. we'll be on the list by the end of the week."

[Edited by Dukat on Oct 22nd, 2003 at 08:58 AM]