The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Little League Team Disqualification. (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/102855-little-league-team-disqualification.html)

Mountaincoach Wed Aug 09, 2017 05:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altor (Post 1008628)
Throughout all of this, all I can picture is the kid standing at second during the LLWS and waving his arms rather dramatically to indicate to the batter whether the catcher was setting up inside or outside. It was so comical that even the talking heads speculated about how distracting it must have been for the batter. Unfortunately, I can't find a video of it, so it must have happened so long ago that it cannot possibly be the impetus for this rule.

I distinctly remember one year in the baseball LLWS when one of the Asian teams was doing that. And, you're right, they were waving their arms being incredibly obvious to the point the talking heads were noticing it along with everybody else. But, like you surmised, that was several years ago, and probably not the motivation for their current rule.

Rich Wed Aug 09, 2017 06:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 1008631)
Only one problem with this. The 6 girls in the picture didn't violate any rules. Only the individual who posted the picture on social media did.

Giving the finger in uniform in a dugout is perfectly OK. Right.

CecilOne Wed Aug 09, 2017 06:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1008638)

To whom ?

IRISHMAFIA Wed Aug 09, 2017 07:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1008638)

Why not? Just what does it mean anyway and what authority gave you that information?

It is a perfect case of behavior control that does nothing but prove Ivan Pavlov's theory was correct.

A word is just a word, a gesture is just a gesture and has no more power than what you provide it. If you get offended by such a thing it is because YOU chose to be offended.

But still not the point. The violation was posting it in a social media environment and only one person did that, not six

Rich Ives Wed Aug 09, 2017 09:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 1008640)
To whom ?

'Twas sarcasm.

Rich Ives Wed Aug 09, 2017 09:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 1008643)
Why not? Just what does it mean anyway and what authority gave you that information?

It is a perfect case of behavior control that does nothing but prove Ivan Pavlov's theory was correct.

A word is just a word, a gesture is just a gesture and has no more power than what you provide it. If you get offended by such a thing it is because YOU chose to be offended.

But still not the point. The violation was posting it in a social media environment and only one person did that, not six

So if someone commits an act only the reporter is guilty?

CecilOne Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 1008648)
'Twas sarcasm.

Me too. ;) ;) :rolleyes:

IRISHMAFIA Wed Aug 09, 2017 07:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 1008649)
So if someone commits an act only the reporter is guilty?

If the reporter was the one breaking the rules, absolutely.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Aug 09, 2017 08:15pm

A Different Take on the Team Disqualification.

time: July 2000

place: University of Indiana

event: AYBTour Boys' and Girls' National Basketball Championship Tournament.

I was there to officiate. The teams were housed in the dorms on campus. The boys' tournament was played first.

The boys' teams were in the process of moving out of the dorms and the girls' teams were in the process of moving in to the dorms with the girls' tournament to start the next day.

I do not remember where this particular girls' team was from, but the previous year this team had won the girls' national championship at the 8th grade age group and had made it back to the nationals and was the favorite to win the 9th grade national championship.

During the move out and move in process the entire girls' team flashed members of some of the boys' teams that were standing on the side walk in front of the dorm. The girls' team was disqualified from the tournament before even playing a game.

MTD, Sr.

IRISHMAFIA Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1008666)
time: July 2000

place: University of Indiana

event: AYBTour Boys' and Girls' National Basketball Championship Tournament.

I was there to officiate. The teams were housed in the dorms on campus. The boys' touornament was played first.

The boys' teams were in the process of moving out of the dorms and the girls' teams were in the process of moving in to the dorms with the girls' tournament to start the next day.

I do not remember where this particular girls' team was from, but the previous year this team had won the girls' national championship at the 8th grade age group and had made it back to the nationals and was the favorite to win the 9th grade national championship.

During the move out and move in process the entire girls' team flashed members of some of the boys' teams that were standing on the side walk in front of the dorm. The girls' team was disqualified from the tournament before even playing a game.

MTD, Sr.

That is hilarious and sad at the same time.