The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   WTB Honig's K2 chest protector (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/102814-wtb-honigs-k2-chest-protector.html)

bigdogtx Sat Jul 15, 2017 04:36pm

WTB Honig's K2 chest protector

Would like regular size. If there is a different section to put this in, please let me know.

Manny A Mon Jul 17, 2017 09:29am

Rumor has it that Honigs is no longer in business. You may have to check out eBay.

bigdogtx Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04am

Theyre still in business just shut all of the retail shops except Colorado. Just spoke to the this morning checking warehouses one more time. :(

Stat-Man Mon Jul 17, 2017 08:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1007875)
Rumor has it that Honigs is no longer in business. You may have to check out eBay.

They're still in business, but their customer service during and post-transition has been abysmal :(. They never did carry plate shoes for softball this spring. And, they somehow lost an order (as in having no record of it) for items I had tried to get later on in the spring season. No wonder they never filled it.

I'm glad our state switched to a different supplier for gear needing a state logo. For everything else, I found Ump Attire to be a very good site.

bigdogtx Mon Jul 24, 2017 06:09am

Found one at Honigs Europe. Size XL. Hope it fits my expectations. :o

chapmaja Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stat-Man (Post 1007900)
They're still in business, but their customer service during and post-transition has been abysmal :(. They never did carry plate shoes for softball this spring. And, they somehow lost an order (as in having no record of it) for items I had tried to get later on in the spring season. No wonder they never filled it.

I'm glad our state switched to a different supplier for gear needing a state logo. For everything else, I found Ump Attire to be a very good site.

From what I've heard they are still in business and some of the family of Mr. Honig is not happy about what has happened since his retirement. I know two members of his family as I was a regular customer of their Ann Arbor location. I teams coached ore previously coached by two of his children. One of them told me they feel the post-sale transition has been less than ideal and they have even gone away from the company that bought Honig's out after using Honig's for years to get work done on team equipment (shirts, ect).

I was caught off guard when I stopped in to get some equipment and found out they had closed the AA location.

teebob21 Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdogtx (Post 1008076)
Found one at Honigs Europe. Size XL. Hope it fits my expectations. :o

More importantly, I hope it fits your chest. :) The Honig's FP Elite's are great chest protectors FOR THEIR DESIGNED PURPOSE. You give up some lower torso protection in exchange for increased mobility and comfort. The K2's are also better designed in the shoulder area, with a larger clavicle protector plate and a smaller gap between the clavicle and shoulder cup.

I should know: I wear the original FP Elite protector and I got smoked in the shoulder ten days ago (of course, right in the weakest spot of the entire protector) and I still have a purple bruise the size of a baseball.