LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi
Quote:
Originally posted by Elaine "Lady Blue"

(sorry, smilies site is broken down)
Probably due to this unusual and quite sudden surge in use, emanating from some place in Georgia!

Good one Scott....

glen

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 08:05am
Official Forum Member

I enjoy this forum very much. It is the only one I read. What I do not care for is when two people start to chat rather then discuss the topic with all the rest of us. Since I'm in the thread I keep getting hit with a responce. I go to read the responce only to learn its more personal chatting. If two people want to chat get off the thread & just e-mail each other.
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Or, you could change your profile to turn of automatic email notification.

It's like a room full of umpires. Some are having a rules debate, some are discussing how their favorite teams are doing, some are talking about computers and the internet, some are talking about their "favorite" coach, some are commiserating about the last call they kicked, some are wandering around kibitzing on others conversations, and some are showing pictures of their kids.

Occasionally the discussions become inane, and occasionally they become heated. Just like real life.
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Talking

.....then again, some of us are insane

some of us are soap box ranters

some of us are ballistic

However, we eventually will answer your question, one way or the other.

Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 06:22pm
Official Forum Member

Hi folks,

This is my first post. But i only dropped by for these few comments.

Quote:
I quit participating after the board was taken over by Gene, the proselytizing atheist.
Why cant i get away from this guy ? I've posted at a variety of messageboards ( too much time on my hands ) But i've never seen anything quite like this.

Quote:
He and the former owner of the board used to get into religious flame wars. After the former owner was booted out and the new owner put Gene in charge as board monitor and Gene continued his (now one-sided) religous (or in his case, anti-religous) rantings, I quit going there.
And they still continue on the Not Softball Board - which was explained to me by the owner David as not a part of the Fastpitch Forum. But really is as Gene is inviting people from the FPF to the Not Softball board.

Quote:
He would rant, and then in a day or two, his rants would be deleted, but it seemed that anyone who engaged him in these religious postings (I never did) would mysteriously commit some violation of board policy a day or two later and be banned.
And yes, i was one of those people who decided enough was enough and called him out on his posts. Unfortunately i didn't get very far and was deleted within a couple of hours. A bunch of posts were deleted on the thread and that was that.

Which brings me back to my first question - Why cant i get away from this guy ?

There's active threads here:

http://compchat.com:8080/vbbs/showth...=&threadid=180

And here:

http://www.eteamz.com/fastpitch/boar....cfm?id=834996

My main argument was with Gene's religion or lack thereof. Politics..hey we all have our differences. Spitting in GW's face isn't something i would recommend of course, but the constant attack on Christianity bothers me. The Born Again Basta-rd stuff bothers me, Christianity is not without it's problems, but can we discuss it like adults ? Not unless you want to get deleted i guess. Bottom line i think the guy has some serious issues and it's astonishing that he's actually a forum leader.

Read all about it here:

http://fpf.dynip.com:8080/~Politics/login

Ok .. that's it !! This is a great website and it looks like a terrific, active forum.

Thanks
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by John145

My main argument was with Gene's religion or lack thereof. Politics..hey we all have our differences. Spitting in GW's face isn't something i would recommend of course, but the constant attack on Christianity bothers me. The Born Again Basta-rd stuff bothers me, Christianity is not without it's problems, but can we discuss it like adults ? Not unless you want to get deleted i guess. Bottom line i think the guy has some serious issues and it's astonishing that he's actually a forum leader.

First, welcome to the board

Second, where do you think you are? The land of the free and the home of the brave!

Three, if you believe in the "second" point, then you must realize that whether you believe in what anyone says or how they say it, or not, it is equally protected by the same belief that gives you the right to rebuff or ignore what he or anyone else says or believes.

If you truly believe in what this country was based upon, getting along works both ways, like it or not. You always have the option of not reading or responding to whatever it is which upsets you.

JMHO,

Mike
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 09:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by John145
This is my first post. But i only dropped by for these few comments.
Well, it's mighty con-VEEN-ient to just register your little name, post a message about religion and then disappear in the night. I wonder who else disappears into the night like some Prince of Darkness. Let's see, who might do that?

Who, who could it be?

May-be SATAN?!?!?
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
First, welcome to the board
Thank you Mike

Quote:
You always have the option of not reading or responding to whatever it is which upsets you.
Quote:
Well, it's mighty con-VEEN-ient to just register your little name, post a message about religion and then disappear in the night. I wonder who else disappears into the night like some Prince of Darkness. Let's see, who might do that?

Your absolutely right.

In case your curious, John145 is not a Biblical reference. John is my first name and the 1-4-5 is a favorite musical progression of mine. Like i said though, i stumbled across your forum, saw a thread i may have a pertinent comment to add to and that's about it.

Thanks for listening and responding.

Take care
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

To all,

I just brought up Gene to explain to a couple of folks why I no longer participate in FPF. I certainly didn't intend to spark a Gene v. Alan war by proxie.

FWIW, I have no problem with Gene posting his views on "his" board, whether it is FPF or the alternate board "Not softball" or whatever it is called. I just choose to exercise my liberty and ignore both boards.

Can we drop the topic of Gene, Alan, David, et. al. now?
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 07:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Can we drop the topic of Gene, Alan, David, et. al. now?
It had been dropped and no one responding in four days. I have no idea what this is all about, but from an outsider's opinion, it would seem that letting it drop will not be possible unless you help out.
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Sorry,

I replied thinking it had just been posted. I'd been away from the board for several days and didn't notice the date on the post. It indicated "new" with the little icon, and I didn't look further.