The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 01, 2016, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

What is the call here?

Nobody out with runners on first and second.

Base hit to left..runner on second is trying to score. Throw from left comes in and short hops the catcher who never touches the ball....the ball then hits the on deck batter who is standing 5 feet away from the plate telling the runner to slide or not to slide.

The ball rebounds right back to the catcher who throws out the second runner at third base.

Happened in a game I was playing in last night. I will tell you what happened..want to see if is was called correct.
Old Wed Jun 01, 2016, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Sounds like you have a run scored and a runner out at 3rd base.

West Houston Mike
Old Wed Jun 01, 2016, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyball View Post
Nobody out with runners on first and second.

Base hit to left..runner on second is trying to score. Throw from left comes in and short hops the catcher who never touches the ball....the ball then hits the on deck batter who is standing 5 feet away from the plate telling the runner to slide or not to slide.

The ball rebounds right back to the catcher who throws out the second runner at third base.

Happened in a game I was playing in last night. I will tell you what happened..want to see if is was called correct.
Play the bounce
Old Wed Jun 01, 2016, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

I agree, as described I got nothing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once when the Yankee's Lou Pinella was batting he questioned a Palermo strike call. Pinella demanded, "Where was that pitch at?" Palermo told him that a man wearing Yankee pinstripes in front of 30,000 people should not end a sentence with a preposition. So Pinella, no dummy, said, "OK, where was that pitch at, a**hole?"
-George Will
Old Wed Jun 01, 2016, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

What would you do if the ball bounced away from the catcher which permitted runners to advance?
Old Wed Jun 01, 2016, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
Because there is no obvious play on the runner at home, the offensive would assuredly wouldn't want a interference to be called because the ball becomes dead and the runner advancing to would be asked to return to 2nd base and figure out where the batter-runner should be placed.

After all that is said and done, more is said than done