The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Lacrosse
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 01, 2002, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

2 Questions

Question #1: Are cowboy collars legal (these are the pads that football linemen wear behind their neck? It's on a pair of lax shoulder pads but the NFHS isn't clear on this (11.10.6)

Question #2: (This is alittle different then the broken stick post)- If a coach has certified his team and during the play of game a player loses the head on his stick can an official immediately stop play and inspect the crosse? What if it is found that the head was not screwed on? That seems to be a blatant disregard for proper equipment. If so what is the call? Would it be "Illegal Crosse" where it has to stay of for the rest of teh game? Or, would it be "Illegal Equipment" where if fixed it could be returned to the field of play. I've ref'ed 2 games recently and saw one yesterday where this happened.... all were without a properly affixed head.

[Edited by barney19 on May 2nd, 2002 at 01:16 PM]
Old Thu May 02, 2002, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Question 1: I'm not clear what a "cowboy collar"on shoulder pads is...I assume if it isn't dangerous for the wearer or another player, it's fine.

Question 2: you have no way of knowing how/why that head came off...so don't go looking for trouble. Treat as broken crosse, only.