The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Lacrosse
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RILAX Send a message via Yahoo to RILAX
Question

Watching the end of the first OT of the DePaul Dayton B-Ball game got me thinking: Is the roof out of bound in lacrosse if it is played in a dome facility? Reading the rulebook it seems to only talk about out of bounds in relations to the boundary lines or objects outside the boundary lines, but I could be missing something.

Never had thought about this before as all of the facilities I have been at are outdoor and if there was an indoor facility it would almost have to be able to handle football, which means the roof somewhat tall (hopefully).
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Well heres my analysis. Is the scorers table? How about my car in the parking lot? Those aren't addressed either but they are touching out of bounds there fore they are out of bounds.

In basketball the ceiling is not defined as out of bounds, it is out of bounds because it touches out of bounds.
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RILAX Send a message via Yahoo to RILAX
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Well heres my analysis. Is the scorers table? How about my car in the parking lot? Those aren't addressed either but they are touching out of bounds there fore they are out of bounds.

In basketball the ceiling is not defined as out of bounds, it is out of bounds because it touches out of bounds.
Half way though typing my resposnse I now think what you are getting at: that since the roof is conected via supports that are out of bounds that makes them out of bounds. Right?

I hope this never happens (think about a shoot hiting the roof making it out of bounds.)

(The NCAA defines the roof as out of bounds in basket ball in 7-1-2 (of the basketball rules).)
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

That's how I would interpret it, but there could be special rules if its a legaue or somthing.