The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Lacrosse
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 05, 2004, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Hello, all....

I run the website for our local high school lacrosse teams - that's for the boys' JV and varsity teams and the girl' JV and varsity teams.

At the website, we have a discussion board so that everyone can participate. Part of the discussion board has to do with the rules and rules interpretations - a separate forum for the guys game and the girls game.

I would like to find an official from the guys' side and the girls' side that is knowledgeable about the lacrosse high school rules and regs for the Georgia High School Association to be available to provide answers to any questions that hit those particular forums. You can take a look at just what I'm talking about at this web location: http://www.lassiterlbc.org/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi . You'll find two forums here entitled "Officiating the Men's Game" and "Officiating the Women's Game" with a short description of each forum.

I had good response to these forums last year (not overwhelming by any means, but there were a couple of good questions asked), and would like to keep them viable for this upcoming 2004 season. These forums are by no means meant to be forums to question an official's call; to denigrade an official; or in any way to demean another official's call or ruling. These forums are to help people better understand the rules or WHY a particular call was made.

If anyone is interested in being our resident on-line rules authority (for either the men's game or the ladies' game), please contact me, Cecil Copeland, at [email protected] and we'll go from there .....

Thanks for reading .....