The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Hockey
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 13, 2004, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Is there a bulletin board somewhere out there where hockey refs can congregate and discuss things? Er, let me re-phrase that: Is there a bulletin board where hockey refs ARE discussing things? Or are our rule books so well written that we don't need to discuss ticky-tacky things like bobbing heads and trading places in the lineup?

I'd hasten to say that we've probably got the best-written rulebooks, but our sport is pretty simple in many aspects. Offsides, 2-line passes, and Icings are probably the hardest concepts for people to understand. The rest is common sense: Don't use your stick (interfere-type things) against other people or stand in the Goalie's way (his crease).

Compare that to baseball: Batting out of order, pitcher's balks, infield fly, interference/obstruction.

Or football: encroachment, illegal shift, false start, illegal formation, ineligible receiver, enforcement of fouls.

Hmm . . . . Makes one think, eh?

-Craig
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 07:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sir_eldren
Is there a bulletin board somewhere out there where hockey refs can congregate and discuss things? Er, let me re-phrase that: Is there a bulletin board where hockey refs ARE discussing things? Or are our rule books so well written that we don't need to discuss ticky-tacky things like bobbing heads and trading places in the lineup?

-Craig

There's a couple of active ones I know about...

a) Hockeyrefs.com - probably the most active one I know of.
b) IHONC.com