The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 22, 2012, 01:52pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up OT - Wilt!

I was watching an old rerun of "I've Got A Secret" with Gary Moore and one of the guests was Wilt Chamberlain. His "secret" was that he had recently scored 100 points in a game. The panel guessed it in about 10 seconds. The funniest part was that Gary Moore got up on a ladder to talk to Wilt. I don't think I had ever seen Wilt wearing a business suit before.

It also came out that he had broken his own record of 78 points.

I have to admit that compared to everyone else on the show, he was really, really tall.
Old Sat Dec 22, 2012, 02:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

A Mark Goodson Bill Todman Production ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I was watching an old rerun of "I've Got A Secret" with Gary Moore and one of the guests was Wilt Chamberlain. His "secret" was that he had recently scored 100 points in a game.
Did he talk about his record of sleeping with 20,000 different women in his life? Maybe it wasn't a secret?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Dec 22, 2012, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I was watching an old rerun of "I've Got A Secret" with Gary Moore and one of the guests was Wilt Chamberlain. His "secret" was that he had recently scored 100 points in a game. The panel guessed it in about 10 seconds. The funniest part was that Gary Moore got up on a ladder to talk to Wilt. I don't think I had ever seen Wilt wearing a business suit before.

It also came out that he had broken his own record of 78 points.

I have to admit that compared to everyone else on the show, he was really, really tall.
Sat next to him at a game a couple times at a game in the mid-60s, back when the 76er's played their pre-season at HS gyms in surrounding towns. My dad got me tix from a friend. The seat was at the end of the 76er's bench. They were playing Boston and even in pre-season it was a pretty rough game between him and Russell, who wasn't exactly short.

I believe he is the tallest man I've ever met. Pembrook Burrows comes in a close second.