The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 04, 2003, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Team A lines up for a scrimmage kick, field goal attempt, or try for point (does not matter). Ball is snapped, B53 lined up 4 yards off LOS runs takes 2 hands and pushed off of B67 who is still on all 4. The push off allows B53 to elevate up and attempt or block the kick.

Is this legal?? Only thing I can find is: 9-4-2 e which talkks about positioning himself on the sholders or body of a teammate or opponient to gain an advantage. HE has not positioned himself rather used it as leverage. I know there is a case play about hanging on the cross bar. I am looking for rule cite please.
Thanks!
Old Thu Sep 04, 2003, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

You have quoted the exact rule you need to rule on this play. You are just misunderstanding the term "position". By pushing off of the other player whether it is with arms or feet he has improved his position on the field by using a teammate. This is the same as if he would sit on the teammate's shoulders to try to block the kick. If a player is to do anything on the field then he is to do it without the help of another player to gain an advantage.