The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 19, 2003, 01:04pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
I have my test finished all but for six questions that I am not sure of. I would like to, one, get some help with the six that I am having problems with and two, check my answers with the ones that I have answered.

B. Rules Changes or Emphasis for 2003

5. In order to utilize the PSK enforcement procedure, a foul by R must occur on K's side of the LOS.

6. PSK enforcement procedure applies to all kicking situations. (ALL would make me belive F)

I. Equipment: Game-Field

Relative to ball choice, when there has been no change of possesion, the try is not considered to be part of the previous series in which the touchdown was scored.

J. Equipment: Player

37. The umpire has the authority to decalre equipment illegal if he determines it is inappropriate equipment.

X. Time-outs

94. Regular time-out privileges are permitted during a TV/radio time-out.

Y. Timing

97. If K1 commits kick-cathing interference and R chooses an awarded fair catch, the clock will be started withthe snap or when the free kick is touched, other than first touching by K.

If anyone has the answers and would be willing to check mine please let me know and I can send you a list of all the ones that I have marked true. Also rules reference for the above questions would be very helpful so that i can look the answers up as well.
Old Tue Aug 19, 2003, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

5. F 10-4-3
6. F 10-4-3a
33. F 1-3-2
37. T 1-5-3
94. T 3-5-7l (but probably others)
97. T 3-4-3b

But I'm sure that others who have the answer sheets can help out and may have different answers or rule numbers.
Old Tue Aug 19, 2003, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by w_sohl
I have my test finished all but for six questions that I am not sure of. I would like to, one, get some help with the six that I am having problems with and two, check my answers with the ones that I have answered.
B. Rules Changes or Emphasis for 2003
5. In order to utilize the PSK enforcement procedure, a foul by R must occur on K's side of the LOS.

Look at whose side they are asking about. So if R roughs the kicker, PSK applies, but if R holds on their side of the ENZ, PSK won't apply?

6. PSK enforcement procedure applies to all kicking situations. (ALL would make me belive F)

Does PSK apply to free kicks and tries?

I. Equipment: Game-Field
Relative to ball choice, when there has been no change of possesion, the try is not considered to be part of the previous series in which the touchdown was scored.

The question really asks this. After a score can Team A request a new ball for the try?

J. Equipment: Player
37. The umpire has the authority to decalre equipment illegal if he determines it is inappropriate equipment.

What official is the final authority when it comes to equipment? Who inspects the equipment?

X. Time-outs
94. Regular time-out privileges are permitted during a TV/radio time-out.

Check the rulebook. See 3-5-7 and 3-5-8 and notice the situations listed in the parethesis.

Y. Timing
97. If K1 commits kick-cathing interference and R chooses an awarded fair catch, the clock will be started withthe snap or when the free kick is touched, other than first touching by K.

If both teams are swapping offense and defense, do we start the clock on the rpf?