The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 11, 2003, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Don't know about other sports, but it is a requirement to have it available in football. I've been working in Ohio since 1991 never pulled it out during the game. The coach has to burn a timeout if he's wrong to take a look. We've questioned ourselves and looked stuff up at half time. Most coaches don't know we have it there and secondly, don't want to burn the TO. They don't know the rules well enough themselves to take a chance on lossing the TO.
Old Fri Aug 15, 2003, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

I think the rulebook at the game is a horrible idea. If the
coach doesn't know the rule that is his tough luck, he should have read more before the game.
Old Fri Aug 15, 2003, 02:04pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Theisey
Right Mike, I really don't know much about the CFL. I should as I have relatives in Kitchner, Ontario.
Considering it is a professional league, its not a surprise about the color of the bags.
Do they still wear the stirrup socks?
Kitchener! Zigge Zagge, Zigge Zagge, Zigge Zagge, Hoi Hoi Hoi!! Ein Prosit!

A great Bavarian Festival. I live in Waterloo, a town attached at the hip with Kitchener. In fact, the two are often called Kitchener-Waterloo. Kinda like St. Paul-Minneapolis. (Those are the two cities, right?)

Yup, we still wear stirrup socks. Personally, I like them better.

BTW, you spelled colour wrong... don't forget the "u".

The CFL uses 7-person crews: R, U, HL, LJ, FJ, BJ, SJ which I believe are the same as the NFL. The mechanics are pretty much the same. Par example, I'm not sure the position of the R in the NFL, but the CFL R is on the side of the throwing arm of the QB, U diagonal to him.

Mike
Old Fri Aug 15, 2003, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Right on about the color spelling, I mean colour.
It's my sister and family who lives in Kitchner. Her husband was a professor (now retired) at The University so I know all about Waterloo. I used to get a earful about the Maple Leafs from him as I grew up in the Red Wing territory.

I sort of like stirrup socks too, but depending on the shoe type I wore, I would actually run out of my stirrups by the middle of the second quarter. Wound up taping them to my arch.
I like the one piece much better now.
Old Sun Aug 24, 2003, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

I am so old that I remember red flags. I have since thought that they might come in handy on a dry field in an afternoon game. The yellow is hard to spot in parched grass. As for bean bags, keep em white. They're hard enough to find in long grass as it is.

Also, I am so old I remember our socks used to have no stripes.

Anyone else remember?
Old Sun Aug 24, 2003, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

I work JV games on a field where they don't have pylons in the EZ but have flags on springloaded wire posts about a foot tall. I think these went out about the time our flags changed from red to yellow.