The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 31, 2012, 07:28am
Official Forum Member

Question new bag

I know this was talked about a few years ago but I wanted to see if there were more current opinions.

My bag for my gear has gotten too small - okay, it was too small to start, but I managed. Now I'm looking into getting a new one and wanted to get some suggestions as to what bag(s) would be good options for football stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Wheels or not, I'm open to anything that is better/bigger than I have now. Thanks.
Old Wed Oct 31, 2012, 09:37am
Chain of Fools

Bass shoe outlets used to carry a good sized, wheeled duffle. I have one- it has an upper and lower compartment separated by a zippered liner with two large end pockets. It comes with a carry strap but I would never use it if the bag is fully loaded. With mine, the last airline I flew tore off one of the strap attachments anyway.

We arrive on site dressed during the regular season so I only really use it come playoff time.

My regular Friday bag is an Under Armour bag that I ordered a few years ago from USA Football. It doesn't appear to be one of their current models but I've been very happy with it.
Old Wed Oct 31, 2012, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Congrats....

...on your upcoming nuptials!
Old Wed Oct 31, 2012, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

I'm considering this one:

Samsonite Utility Drop Bottom Duffel 29" - eBags.com

But I'll wait until the offseason to make a decision. The one I bought in 2010 is just too big and too heavy.
Old Wed Oct 31, 2012, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

I had been using one for many years that was too small. This year I got a larger one and the feature I like best is the "drop bottom" where I can lay my cold weather UA stuff flat. It came in handy in Saturday's playoff. After the game I put my shoes in there to keep the dirt away from everything else.

Now I've gone ahead and ordered a larger UA bag that will have our association logo embroidered on it. Normally, I don't splurge but we are doing a state final next week and we like to look like a top notch organization both on the field and off. The crew will be arriving in shirt and tie. Ha! I can't wait to see a couple of our guys dressed up.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2012, 04:08am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
Now I've gone ahead and ordered a larger UA bag that will have our association logo embroidered on it. Normally, I don't splurge but we are doing a state final next week and we like to look like a top notch organization both on the field and off. The crew will be arriving in shirt and tie. Ha! I can't wait to see a couple of our guys dressed up.
Maybe some on your crew will "splurge" and buy a new shirt and tie!
Old Thu Nov 01, 2012, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
I had been using one for many years that was too small. This year I got a larger one and the feature I like best is the "drop bottom" where I can lay my cold weather UA stuff flat. It came in handy in Saturday's playoff. After the game I put my shoes in there to keep the dirt away from everything else.

Congrats on the state final. That is an awesome achievement.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2012, 08:01pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Maybe some on your crew will "splurge" and buy a new shirt and tie!
Congratulations. Good for you and your crew.