The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 12, 2003, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Ok guys , have at em

1. 3rd and 4 from B's 6. A-44 recieves a handoff on B's 13 and advances to B's 4 where he fumbles. B-45 recovers the ball on B's 2 and ends up in the end zone from his momentum. B-45 is tackled in the end zone by the facemask and brought to the ground. During the run from B-45 there was a clipping from B-76 on B's 6

2. Extra period. First series. A's ball, 1st and 10, on B's 25. B44 intercepts A16's legal forward pass and runs the ball into Team A's end zone. During B44's run, B55 commits a flagrant personal foul.

3. A 4/10 A40. A's punt is caught by B25 at the B30. B25 runs the ball back to the B40 where he is tackled. While the punt was in the air, B99 clips A65 at the B35.

4. A 4/10 A40. A's punt is caught by B25 at the B30. B25 runs the ball back to the B40 where he is tackled. After B25 caught the ball, B99 clips A65 at the B35.

5. A 4/10 A40. A's punt is caught by B25 at the B30. Immediately after the snap, B99 holds A88 at the line of scrimmage. B25 runs the ball back to the B40 where he is tackled.

6. A 4/10 A40. A's punt is high and deep. B15 is standing at the B30 waiting to catch the punt. As B15 attempts to catch the punt, A85 stands in his way. B15 crashes into A85. The ball rolls, untouched, out of bounds at B35.

7. A 4/10 A40. A's punt hits the ground at the B30. B15 then makes a fair catch signal. As B15 tries to recover the punt, A85 pushes him in the back above the waist. A85 picks up the loose ball and runs for a touchdown.

Old Sat Apr 12, 2003, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Hey James good to hear from you!

Okay, I'm going to give these my best effort...

1. Best option for B: Accept penalty for A's foul. Double foul. Replay down. Clock on ready.
2. NF OT rules. Ball is dead when B gains possession. B's ball at A's 10 yl (our state uses 25 yl for NF OT rules). Clock on snap.
3. B's ball 1/10 at B 20 yl. Clock on snap.
4. B's ball 1/10 at B 20 yl. Clock on snap.
5. A's ball 1/10 at 50 yl. Clock on snap.
6. B's ball 1/10 at B 35 yl. Clock on snap.
7. Assume action by A85 is legal because he can recover a loose ball. If A85 gains possession at the B 30 yl, the ball is dead. B's ball 1/10 at the B 25 yl. Clock on snap.
Old Sat Apr 12, 2003, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Hey James good to hear from you!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Simonds
[B]Okay, I'm going to give these my best effort...

"1. Best option for B: Accept penalty for A's foul. Double foul. Replay down. Clock on ready"

I agree except for the clock. Why did the clock stop? Here’s my answer
Accept: A 3/4 @ B-6, clock: snap
Decline: B free kick @ B-10, clock: first legal touching

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
"2. NF OT rules. Ball is dead when B gains possession. B's ball at A's 10 yl (our state uses 25 yl for NF OT rules). Clock on snap"

Oregon uses the same 25 yd.OT . I enforced B55’s foul as a dead ball foul from the succeeding spot.
Accept : B 1/10 @ B-40, clock: snap
Decline : B 1/10 @ B-25, clock: snap
B55 may be ejected

3. B's ball 1/10 at B 20 yl. Clock on snap"

Not sure what you did with this, but here’s my answer
(This play has met all the requirements of PSK)
Accept: B 1/10 @ B-15, clock: snap
Decline : B 1/10 @ B-40, clock: snap

6. B's ball 1/10 at B 35 yl. Clock on snap"

Well my answer was a little longer LOL. I say A85 has obstructed B15 path to the ball and I got KCI all the way)
Accept : B may accept a 15-yard penalty from the previous spot and replay the down. A 4/25 @ A-25.
Or choose an awarded fair catch at the spot of the foul . B 1/10 @ B-30 , clock : snap (B may free-kick if they choose this option)
Decline : B 1/10 @ B-35 , clock : snap

"7. Assume action by A85 is legal because he can recover a loose ball. If A85 gains possession at the B 30 yl, the ball is dead. B's ball 1/10 at the B 25 yl. Clock on snap."

the status of the ball was a scrimmage kick at the time A85 pushed B15 in the back. No R player has touched the ball. A player may only do this to a player if he’s after a ball he may legally touch or possess. I say this is an illegal block in the back. And what about the invalid fair catch signal by B15? 6-5-7
I told Uncle Ernie I'd have them replay the down 8^)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

[Edited by James Neil on Apr 13th, 2003 at 01:05 AM]
Old Mon Apr 14, 2003, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Let me know how I am doing wiht these:

#1. Face mask / clipping. Dbl foul if B accepts Replay down. Clock on snap. IF B declines, B free kick after saftey @ B -10.

#2. When B44 intercept, dead ball. Possible penality for running the length of the field wiht a dead ball ( ignore) B55 unsp & ejection (possible) B ball 1/10 from 10 (IN rules for OT). No clock

#3. Clipping. PSK. B 1/10 @B20. Clock at snap.

#4. Clipping. B 1/10 @ B20 . Clock at snap.

#5. Holding. A 1/10 50. Clock on snap.

#6. Kick Catch Interference. Award ball at spot of foul (where ever A85 was assume at B30) or result of play @ B35, ball out of bounds. Either way B 1/10 @ B30 . Clock on snap.

#7.Ill BLock in Back / Invalid Fair Catch. Ball dead where A 85 picks it up. DBL foul. Replay down. If decline A's penality, B ball 1/10 @ B30 (where he picked up the ball).

HOw did I do??????????
Old Mon Apr 14, 2003, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sm_bbcoach

#1. Face mask / clipping. Dbl foul if B accepts Replay down. Clock on snap. IF B declines, B free kick after saftey @ B -10.

#2. When B44 intercept, dead ball. Possible penality for running the length of the field wiht a dead ball ( ignore) B55 unsp & ejection (possible) B ball 1/10 from 10 (IN rules for OT). No clock

#4. Clipping. B 1/10 @ B20 . Clock at snap.

#5. Holding. A 1/10 50. Clock on snap.

#6. Kick Catch Interference. Award ball at spot of foul (where ever A85 was assume at B30) or result of play @ B35, ball out of bounds. Either way B 1/10 @ B30 . Clock on snap.

#7.Ill BLock in Back / Invalid Fair Catch. Ball dead where A 85 picks it up. DBL foul. Replay down. If decline A's penality, B ball 1/10 @ B30 (where he picked up the ball).

HOw did I do??????????
Pretty darn good as far as I can tell. Good call on the clock for #2. I missed that when I sent my answers to UE. On #3, I see that both you and Mike have enforced B99’s clip from the spot of the foul. I think in this play the foul will be enforced from where the kick ended. I believe in PSK we only use the spot of the foul for enforcement if the foul was behind the end of the kick .In #6 there’s one more option for B. He may accept a 15-yard penalty from the previous spot and have A replay the down.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2003, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Neil
Quote:
Originally posted by sm_bbcoach

##6. Kick Catch Interference. Award ball at spot of foul (where ever A85 was assume at B30) or result of play @ B35, ball out of bounds. Either way B 1/10 @ B30 . Clock on snap.

#HOw did I do??????????
Pretty darn good as far as I can tell. Good call on the clock for #2. I missed that when I sent my answers to UE. On #3, I see that both you and Mike have enforced B99’s clip from the spot of the foul. I think in this play the foul will be enforced from where the kick ended. I believe in PSK we only use the spot of the foul for enforcement if the foul was behind the end of the kick .In #6 there’s one more option for B. He may accept a 15-yard penalty from the previous spot and have A replay the down.
#3, I agree. B 1/10 from B 15.
#6. Could not remember the distance. But agree wiht you.
Thanks for the update/corrections!