The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 23, 2000, 08:54pm
Official Forum Member

I've never seen a worse call, except the "Buss coin toss"! The incomplete pass at the end of the game? If Rose can be persecuted for betting on baseball, then the crew that bet on St. Louis should be jailed. If they didn't bet and are really that incompentent, then fire the idiots! Our HS association here has removed officials for less! Bring quality and integrity back to the game. Fire bad officials don't make excuses for them. (I really didn't care who won that game, I'm a Titan fan but I hate to see a team get "car jacked" on national TV and we all know the spinless NFL will do NOTHING!
Old Sun Jan 23, 2000, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

I have never seen such a blown call that could have possibly cost a team so much! I am a Bucs fan, and have been since their inseption. I can't say for sure that we would have scored had that reception not been overturned, but now we'll neer know. I wish I had an e-mail address for the NFL officials. I really had hopes for instant replay, but obviously it's just a big joke. I've seen so many calls just screwed up, it's just a wonder that they make a correct call at all. I guess the only thing worse than an NFL's refs guess is their second guess. Fire them ALL and start over. Go Titans!!!!
Old Mon Jan 24, 2000, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

I did not understand that call at all.

What is the procedure in a BOOTH REPLAY. Is it the BOOTH that has the ultimate power to overturn the call or is it the Referee?

Either way, it was a catch, at what were they looking?

Tony Dungy is a class coach. He is saying all the right things in public, after he got fined for complaining about the Refs ealier in the season. I bet he is saying a few things in private.

AJ (VIKING fan)
Old Mon Jan 24, 2000, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

AJ.....Nice to hear from you again! I agree that the call was bad. Especially when one of his hands was under the ball. He had it all the way. However, you guys know that one play or two doesn't mean much since T.B. had all the opportunities to score especially when the play clock ran out and T.B. had a nice pass-run for a long gain late in the game. There is a few problems with the officials. One is the recent expansion of the N.f.L. When two teams come in, that means seven new officials come in for the next season. Then, with the retirements, burn-outs, or what ever, that adds to the list of in-coming officials. Which means now you have a lot of green inexperience officials that made that jump. If you can get a hold of this months issue of Referee magazine, there is an interview of Tony Corrente, a new white hat in the N.F.L. Tony was a member and instructor in Long Beach Unit and is a fine official. He of course took advantage of the situaton. Only time will tell if he makes it. But if you read the article, that is the way it is going in the N.F.L.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2000, 07:45pm
Official Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buzzlighthair on 01-23-2000 10:19 PM
I have never seen such a blown call that could have possibly cost a team so much! I am a Bucs fan, and have been since their inseption. I can't say for sure that we would have scored had that reception not been overturned, but now we'll neer know. I wish I had an e-mail address for the NFL officials. I really had hopes for instant replay, but obviously it's just a big joke. I've seen so many calls just screwed up, it's just a wonder that they make a correct call at all. I guess the only thing worse than an NFL's refs guess is their second guess. Fire them ALL and start over. Go Titans!!!!

I wish that they would let the covering official use the replay instead of the white hat. Nothing against Referees, but the covering official should have the best idea of which angle he needs to see in order to get it right.