Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 27, 2003, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dchrista
"What about the alternate possession rule?"
Yours isn't the only sport where coaches want crossover rules. I was doing the plate in a womens rec game when the shortstop made a falling down attempt to catch a blooper and sure enough the ball popped out of her glove when she hit the ground. I call the no catch. Coach comes out yelling that the ground caused her to drop the ball and that it should be ruled a catch. I replied "No sir, that's football, we're playing softball and the ground did indeed cause her to drop the ball." Players from the team started to quietly beg me to eject him for their sake and I'm afraid that when he started whinning again later I accomodated them and everybody had fun the rest of the game. Jim
Old Tue Jan 28, 2003, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Freshman game, Team K in punt formation, but only 10 K guys on the field. The team K coach sees that he needs 1 more guy so he yells -call time out call time out, the ball IS snapped and the punter tucks the ball under his arm pit, gives me the "T" signial with his hands and yells "time out" then flips the ball to me. I jumped out of the way, then a player from R picks up the ball and tries to hand it to me, and says "he called time out". when I wouldnt take the ball he dropped it on the ground. Thats when the R coach realized what was going on and he yells "get the ball and run". Then 22 kids tried to jump on the ball at the same time. I tried to be professional, but I COULDNT blow my whistle. I Was Laughing To Hard
Old Tue Jan 28, 2003, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

In a situation like that I may have giving the punter the time out. remember I said I MAY have not I would have. where was the defense on this play that another player even tried to give you the ball? lol funny things happen in football games.