The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 24, 2002, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

There was a very questionable call in the Chargers vs. Miami game on a punt by Miami. The Miami player down field interfered with the Charger player from receiving the ball. He clearly lowered his shoulder and clearly hit the charger player before the ball was there. He was ruled he was blocked into the receiver. Replays clearly show the charger player very lightly pushing the Miami player in the back about 5 yards from where the charger player attempted to catch the football. His shoulder was not lowered at that point.
So I have 2 problems which make that a horrible call. The fact his shoulder was not lowered yet after the slight push and if he was ruled we was blocked into by his own player, then where is the block in the back penalty???
In other words, if no block in the back penalty call was made, then he could not have been blocked into the receiver trying to make the catch.
Old Sun Nov 24, 2002, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Trust me. IF the official made a mistake, the NFL will let him know in his review for the week. NFL officials are graded for every call (or no-call) that they make. I didn't see the game so I can't and won't comment on the actual call.

Coming to this forum and complaining doesn't serve any purpose because we can't do anything about the call NOR do any of us have contact with the NFL.