The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 13, 2002, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Can't believe I am even having this argument, but here goes. NFHS rules here please. K1 punts the ball and while it is in the air, we have holding( or block in the back or any other foul) on R. Seems cut and dried to me that the kick is a loose ball play, therefore the basic spot is the previous spot, so if accepted ten yards from the previous spot and replay the down (or first down for K) depending on the yards to gain. I was shocked to see that such an important call is not a case play or somewhere where it spells this out in black and white where it can be understood by a stubborn person. Help me send him to the right spot, thanks.
Old Wed Nov 13, 2002, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

I don't have my FB books with me but it is pretty clearly spelled out in the rulebook. May not be listed in the case book but it's pretty clear in the rulebook. Refer to the definition of a loose ball play, who is in possession during a kick, and penalty enforcement section. True, you may have to put 2 and 2 together, but it is there.
Old Wed Nov 13, 2002, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

Got your book handy Devdog69?
Point your stubborn person to 10-3-1 and then 10-4-2-b
Old Thu Nov 14, 2002, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to otis3zeb Send a message via Yahoo to otis3zeb
Talking PSK

We have a new rule in Ky. its the PSK (post scrimmage kick) if the ball has passed the line of scrimmage, and r is in possession at the end of the down. The basic spot is the beanbag or all but one. New rule anyone else using this rule??
Old Thu Nov 14, 2002, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

I'm hoping the entire country has it next year as it is far more equitable than the current setup. K is afforded a lot of protections and exceptions to be able to give the ball away. It's too big of an advantage, in my opinion, to be allowed to get the previous spot on fouls by R. I keep my fingers crossed every year.
Old Mon Nov 18, 2002, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

Otis, we are using the PSK rule in Minnesota and I believe there are two other states that are also using it as an experimental rule this year. It came into effect three or four times this season and needs to be changed to all 50 states ... look for the change next year.