The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 18, 2002, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

I was just wondering if anyone outside of southern cal saw the horrible video of the big brawl among parents and coaches at a youth football game.I didn't catch the town it happened in but it seems the parents on one side thought there was a late hit so they poured out of the stands.It looked like to me there were twenty to thirty people punching and kicking each other while the kids watched.the annoucer said one league official who was trying to break it up was knocked out on the field.I can only say that this is sick and if it starts where I work I will be gone.this is supposed to be fun and teach life skills to kids and instead parents and coaches too many times teach how to be jerks!Fortunately the kids and officials stayed out the way.If anyone has any more info or corrections to what I saw I would like to know.
Old Fri Oct 18, 2002, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

I saw the homemade video on the local LA news (CH 5), once last night, and twice more this morning. The crowd was totally out of control. Not only the men, but women and some players were involved. On the video, I saw no officials involved.

One man was knocked repeatedly kicked in his body and his head, mainly by two brothers. The brothers have been arrested, and a third is being sought. I'm sure more arrests will follow. The two brothers, SURPRISE, SURPRISE, are former jailbirds. Men who tried to come to the aid of the victim were hit and pushed away. At least one was knocked out.

The scene reminded me, somewhat, of films from WWII, when citizens of the countries under control of the Nazis attacked those who had aided the Germans while occupied. At least they had a valid reason for their actions.

If anyone has any doubts as to why there is a terrible lack of officials for youth sports, watch the video.

Bob
Old Fri Oct 18, 2002, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Here's a link to the video (video is on rightside column of article):

http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/ktla-...deobrawl.story

I saw a blatant hold and at least one personal foul ...