The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

A-11 is no longer legal.

It is got ruled on today and they have banned it for all NFHS play.. SO its done..

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,141441
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 05:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpmazza View Post
It is got ruled on today and they have banned it for all NFHS play.. SO its done..

But it did have an apparent lasting effect. In a scrimmage kick formation on downs 1 thru 3 the number required to wear 50-79 is reduced to 4, provided the snapper is one of those wearing 1-49 or 80-99. That's going to affect swinging gate formations. It may not be A-11, but 7-11.

Robert in the Bronx
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
But it did have an apparent lasting effect. In a scrimmage kick formation on downs 1 thru 3 the number required to wear 50-79 is reduced to 4, provided the snapper is one of those wearing 1-49 or 80-99. That's going to affect swinging gate formations. It may not be A-11, but 7-11.

Robert in the Bronx

A feeble and unsuccessful attempt of "making lemonade."
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

Could not help myself, had to go to the A-11 web site and found this note:

February 10, 2009

Dear Football Coaches,
Rest assured the A-11 Offense is here to stay. There are too many demonstrated benefits for the teams wanting to use it (such as reducing injury rates). Please review the Position Paper Link on the A-11 Offense site for more details.

Moving forward into the 2009 season and beyond, several options are under review for any team in America wanting to "retain the right" to use the A-11 Offense if they believe it will help their team, their league and/or their entire section compete in a more equitable fashion based on their circumstances.

Our group will help lead the way for any team nationwide wanting to use the A-11 Offense in 2009 and the future. Thank you very much for all of the great ideas submitted to us by coaches throughout the country.

Please check back at our web site for all related updates, and also the upcoming Blue Print enabling your team to use the A-11 Offense in 2009 and beyond.

Any word on how many attended the recent sessions?
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

They need to simply adopt 8-man football!
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
They need to simply adopt 8-man football!
Or simply use the formation, but put the proper numbers on the players. I think we all know that it wasn't the formations themselves that were the problem.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 12:17pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesears View Post
Or simply use the formation, but put the proper numbers on the players. I think we all know that it wasn't the formations themselves that were the problem.
But then it would be easier to tell who the ineligible players were...wait a minute.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 06:43pm
Official Forum Member

If at first you don't succeed

Sue' em!!!

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...uarterback.php
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Lawsuit? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! !!!
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 08:28pm
Chain of Fools

Can't wait to see the 4 team A11FL. Who will cover the travel costs?
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 10:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post

So I read that article and at the bottom of it someone provided a link to some books Kurt Bryan has written. One of them is called "The Double Move" and has a interesting plot...I've always wanted a book that combined football and gay love affairs with religious figures who also happen to be serial killers...

"When Kenny Brown is named the new football coach at a prestigious college, he puts together a top-notch coaching staff including Phillip Zanton, a former pro football superstar. However, Kenny doesn't realize that Zanton is having an affair with the powerful but morally bankrupt priest, father Rudy. As the truth about the priest begins to unfold, people start to disappear. After the brutal murder of a friend, Kenny goes to father Rudy for support, unaware that he is the priest's next target."

http://www.kurtbryan.com/
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
So I read that article and at the bottom of it someone provided a link to some books Kurt Bryan has written. One of them is called "The Double Move" and has a interesting plot...I've always wanted a book that combined football and gay love affairs with religious figures who also happen to be serial killers...

"When Kenny Brown is named the new football coach at a prestigious college, he puts together a top-notch coaching staff including Phillip Zanton, a former pro football superstar. However, Kenny doesn't realize that Zanton is having an affair with the powerful but morally bankrupt priest, father Rudy. As the truth about the priest begins to unfold, people start to disappear. After the brutal murder of a friend, Kenny goes to father Rudy for support, unaware that he is the priest's next target."

http://www.kurtbryan.com/
Just the kind of mind we want coaching our young people!
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
"The Double Move achieves a perfect score of 100 points like a fine bottle of California wine with the smell of San Francisco sex, the taste of ferocious football and the body of scorching suspense."
Paul D. Harvey,
Member Louis L' Amour Club
Smell of San Francisco sex? Ewwwwwwww.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpmazza View Post

Knees is plural, not possessive.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Just the kind of mind we want coaching our young people!
Well, the list of authors who wrote successful novels about unsavory characters is pretty long and impressive. Fortunately they are judged by their writing and story telling abilities, not their choice of plots.

I just don't get the vitriol against the A-11.

If it was born as an unintended consequence from a poorly written rule then, by all means, close the loophole. But why rail against the innovation it represents? This type of reaction can lead to the A-11 obtaining cult status.

Better to let the A-11 try to stand on its own against the defensive minds who always find ways to dismantle the most innovative offenses.

i think the A-11 represents critical thinking on the part of its authors and practitioners and should be countered by the same. More than likely it will not survive.