The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
When long winded self indulgent posts are written that really have no point or anything of value to add to the discussion are ignored, will they continue to be written?
It always amazes me how some people can stand neck deep in water and not realize they are all wet.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 10:21am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
It always amazes me how some people can stand neck deep in water and not realize they are all wet.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Gee, I hope you're that quick on the field, Rich. Sometimes "long winded" can pose a problem, but responses that lean towards short and stupid have their own down side as well.

Last edited by ajmc; Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 11:00am.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 11:35am
Archaic Power Monger

Yet another thread that is going to drive me to drinking...
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Yet another thread that is going to drive me to drinking...
Welpe, first round is on me.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
Voluntarily join an association, then threaten to sue them when your attempt to circumvent their rules (for profit) is challenged and possibly fails...

Makes all the sense in the world to me....
How did they circumvent the rules?
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 02:44pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Gee, I hope you're that quick on the field, Rich. Sometimes "long winded" can pose a problem, but responses that lean towards short and stupid have their own down side as well.
If it can't be said quickly, it has little value to most of the people listening.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
If it can't be said quickly, it has little value to most of the people listening.
That only applies when you're speaking to people with really short attention spans. You ever stop to wonder why God designed us with two ears and only one mouth?
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
That only applies when you're speaking to people with really short attention spans. You ever stop to wonder why God designed us with two ears and only one mouth?
Two ears - most likely so we can distinguish the direction of a sound.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 12:23am
Official Forum Member

I'm sorry but I'm looking for Coach Bryant. Anyone seen him?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 01:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I'm sorry but I'm looking for Coach Bryant. Anyone seen him?

I think he's reviewing the hundreds of membership applications he's received for his new independent A-11 league.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 05:47am
Official Forum Member

KB has been busy typing. The material below is the response he has penned on his website.....

__________________________________________________ ___
The NFHS changed the SKF rule to say that on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Down, an offense must have at least 4 players wearing # 50 - 79 on the LOS, and only the Center can be wearing an Eligible jersey number, except for on 4th down, then all players can be wearing Eligible numbers, etc.

__________________________________________________ __

Dear Football Coach, Player, Official or Football Fan:

Thank you for your interest and support of the A-11 Offense.

Respectfully, in the Feb. 2009 press release by the NFHS regarding their annual rules change announcement, it mentions the NFHS has changed their definition of a scrimmage kick formation - which is their attempt to ban the A-11 Offense.

As we mentioned earlier, the A-11 Offense is here for good.

It's been well documented by most of the players, coaches and Officials who have actually participated in football games involving the A-11 Offense, that the A-11 games can be properly officiated, and do not provide the offense with an unfair advantage, etc. In addition to the improved safety benefits for the student-athletes utilizing the A-11, it also features many positives listed on our web site under the Position Papers Link at: www.A11Offense.com.

During the last two years as the A-11 Offense has spread across the country, it has been incredible to hear from the thousands of coaches, players, and administrators from the small to mid-sized high schools in America who have been searching for a different style of offense to help their football program be more competitive. And, we've also heard from a variety of schools that are routinely overmatched, based on their own school's enrollment status within their assigned state classification.

With approximately 15,000 high school football programs in (11-man tackle football), and more than One Million student-athletes playing the game, there is plenty of room in America for more than one style of football - the game has and always will evolve for the betterment of each new generation. And, more importantly, as has been clearly demonstrated by many of the A-11 teams nationwide, there is a need for an A-11 style of football too.

Remarkably, this has become a classic landmark case of standing up for the "Little Guy" in football, and we are going to lead the way.

Overwhelmingly, the small to mid-size football programs in America face many of the same challenges we do, and must find ways to adapt. Three years ago, when we submitted our ideas about the A-11 Offense to the NFHS and CIF, before it was declared it Legal to use, we never dreamed it would spread like this, and that other schools in situations like ours would implement the offense as well.

Some very bright people have lent their support, and have been developing solid formats for the continuation of A-11 football. Within the next several weeks, our group will present our own state association and the NFHS with some excellent options. They will be very beneficial and viable alternatives for ANY high school team in the country wanting or needing to utilize the A-11 Offense to help their program. It is our first hope, that the NFHS is able to change with the times and will be most willing to help create an A-11 Football sub-federation within the framework of their existing organization. If yes, then everybody wins, especially the schools like ours nationwide.

Throughout the history of high school football many precedents have already been established. Multitudes of different teams have competed against each other from differing states, leagues or sections, even though they have had differing rules. That has and will continue to take place.

Equally important, for two years, non A-11 teams have been competing against teams using the A-11 Offense with mixed results.

* If your team, your league and/or your entire section would like to retain the right to utilize the A-11, please check our web site for updates, and email us your contact information. There are football programs in America that could care less about the A-11 because they do not face the same challenges we do.

However, there are many schools across the country that want or need to use the A-11 Offense, and we are going to help them by leading the way.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

I'm always amused when a "leader" has to advertise for followers.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 12:17pm
Chain of Fools

Quote:
It is our first hope, that the NFHS is able to change with the times and will be most willing to help create an A-11 Football sub-federation within the framework of their existing organization.
Me thinks they'll leave the creating to Moses and his band of followers.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpirebob71
..."the A-11 Offensive is here for good."

Where is here? It's not here.

..."the A-11 games can be properly officiated"...

So, as long as we officiate his way, it's proper. If we do it the NFHS way, it's improper?

..."the improved safety benefits"...

How so?

..."a classic landmark case of standing up for the "Little Guy" in football"...

Getting a little melodramatic, are we?

"Some very bright people have lent their support"...

I guess we officials aren't very bright.

""It is our first hope, that the NFHS is able to change with the times"...

No, your first hope is that you can make some big cash out of this snake-oil pitch.

It's not happening, Kurt. Just go away, now.