The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

People making their own A-11 federation is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would a team drop out of a state governing body to go to a new one that has NO PLAYOFFS and NO ORGANIZATION for their teams? If they did, they could be like "We're the best out of 3 teams in the whole state that run this dumb offense!"

If they didn't want to play real football, they would play 9 man where everyone is eligible. Nobody in their right mind is going to break off all their rivalries and leave their conferences to run this flash-in-the-pan offense. You had a nice little run Kurt, just give it up already!
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 03:04pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
When I was younger, there was a saying I heard adults utter from time to time: "Whistling past the grave yard."

Thanks for the bit of nostalgia, Kurt.

I certainly wish you the best in your new endeavor. If by chance it doesn't go quite as gloriously as you envision it, I understand Billy Mays is looking for an assistant.

Seriously though, be sure to come back and let us know which teams decided to withdraw from their state organizations and follow you into oblivion. A claim of "hundreds" won't do. Names, sir, we will need names.
Tick tock.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=911196
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

REPLY: From the highschool.rivals.com article posted by RichMSN:

"What the A-11 can do is have offensive players wait until the final seconds of the play clock and then take positions on the line making it difficult for the defense to know, until the last moment, which receivers are eligible."

Which is precisely why the numbering rule was put into the Federation and NCAA rules back in the early 70s: so that the defense has a reasonable opportunity to know which six offensive players are (might be) eligible. The numbering rule allows them to rule out the 50-79s.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob M. View Post
REPLY: From the highschool.rivals.com article posted by RichMSN:

"What the A-11 can do is have offensive players wait until the final seconds of the play clock and then take positions on the line making it difficult for the defense to know, until the last moment, which receivers are eligible."

Which is precisely why the numbering rule was put into the Federation and NCAA rules back in the early 70s: so that the defense has a reasonable opportunity to know which six offensive players are (might be) eligible. The numbering rule allows them to rule out the 50-79s.
My first comment on this offense was that I thought it violated the spirit of the rules. Nothing that we've seen in the past year has given me reason to think otherwise.