The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Get em in

Seems this year I have seen a problem developing that I would like some thoughts about.

During timeouts and change of possessions, we have had difficulty getting the teams back out. The wings do a good job of trying to get them teams out, but the budding Lombardi's seem to try and steal a few extra seconds. This is particularly problematic during a change of possession when there is no timeout. When the offense is late it is easy... I can blow the ready for play and put them on the clock. However, what do you folks when the D won't come out on time? I do not want to (won't) blow the RFP and give the offense the a free score. Absent that extreme move, any tips?
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Warn them a couple of times, then flag B for delay of game. Under no circumstances should you ever give the offense a free play.

If both teams are late getting onto the field, I still think you can call delay of game on B.

All that said, we've never had a problem with this. Your wings should be talking to them, "Let's go, team. We're about to blow it 'ready for play'", etc.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Delay of game or RFP. There may be other options, but I don't see them.