The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
Rules Interurpation

Last play of the half, QB run out of bounds on B's sideline in the team box area, Player A1 and B1 get into it. Player B2 joins in, takes a swing/punch, Player B3 joins in. Sideline A comes across as it is half time, Sideline B kind of mix it up.

This is what we did and I know it isn't right. PF's for A1 and B1, Unsportsman and Ejections for B2 and B3. These are the two I as BJ in clearing up saw and pulled them 10 yards away and onto the track and told them not to move. We started the second half, me doing a bunch of hand jestures but no yardage.

I think we could have offsetting PF's, Two administered Un-Sp and have the kick off, with B kicking from there 12-1/2 years line, !st 15 take them to their 25, the second half the distance to the 12-1/2.

Would I be right in the pure sense of the game?

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agr8zebra View Post
I think we could have offsetting PF's, Two administered Un-Sp and have the kick off, with B kicking from there 12-1/2 years line, !st 15 take them to their 25, the second half the distance to the 12-1/2.
These are dead ball fouls, penalize them in the order which they occurred. None of them offset.

So what I have is
A1 punches
B1 punches
B2 punches
B3 punches

If B is kicking off then it would be from the 12.5 yardline.

If the order of the fight was switched with A1 not fighting until 3 B players had punched him then the administration would be different. Go back 3 times for B's fouls which would end up at the 6.25 and then up 15 yards for A's foul so the kick line would be the 21.25.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

You say B2 takes a swing/punch. This is not an unsportsmanlike, it's PF. However you say you ejected him so there's really not a difference at that point. Taking a swing is fighting even if there's no contact and is an automatic ejection. You need to march them off in order, if you know it, just like LDUB said, giving signals for each offense.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Did the sideline players on A come onto the field, cross and exit - or - did they come onto the field and run to the fracas? Did B enter the field or need to cross it?
Old Tue Oct 28, 2008, 06:26am
Official Forum Member

I had a game with a fight this year that resulted in 15 ejections. Rather than give 15 signals, I first signalled the live ball personal foul that started it all and then held up fingers for the number of personal fouls one way, then the other. I would have been there all night signally 15 times and probably would have lost count.
Old Tue Oct 28, 2008, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
It was more A1 and B2 we doing post tackle waltz, and B3 and B4 Joined in.
This all happened in Team B bench area,
B3 was a field player and B4 was on the sideline prior to the snap

After all that is said and done, more is said than done