The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 17, 2006, 12:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToGreySt
this brings up another question of mine, I can understand why someone wouldn't want to be in the middle of all that controlled chaos all the time, but is this division present everywhere? do most people pick one a spot and stay there most of their games?

Joe
I do not like the middle because I feel like I do not have enough to do. Some will disagree, but it got boring for me personally. Now what I have found is the officials that played the game as a lineman or a linebacker position, they seem to fit very well at the umpire position. I was a wide receiver and defensive back, so I like the reading fact of a back judge and watching the passing game as a wing. It comes down to what part of the game you understand the most and enjoy officiating.

Peace
Old Thu Aug 17, 2006, 05:26pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I do not like the middle because I feel like I do not have enough to do. Some will disagree, but it got boring for me personally. Now what I have found is the officials that played the game as a lineman or a linebacker position, they seem to fit very well at the umpire position. I was a wide receiver and defensive back, so I like the reading fact of a back judge and watching the passing game as a wing. It comes down to what part of the game you understand the most and enjoy officiating.

Peace
I once heard that a Referee runs the game; the Umpire runs the crew. I was never a lineman either, but I love Umpire! I don't U higher level games because I'm 5'10" & 170#, but I do enjoy U.
Old Fri Aug 18, 2006, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I once heard that a Referee runs the game; the Umpire runs the crew. I was never a lineman either, but I love Umpire! I don't U higher level games because I'm 5'10" & 170#, but I do enjoy U.
Interesting - I would think it's the other way around. The R is in charge of the crew, but a good U does more for game management (in particular, player management) than any other position, IMO. That said, I can't stand working the middle because I can't see a bloody thing at 5'4".
Old Sat Aug 19, 2006, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Good luck

Good luck try your hardest and it will work out.