The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 20, 2005, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

How many times do you guys say this during a game?

what is the rule in NFL about chin straps?
What is the rule in NCAA?

This has been a huge problem here in my area which leads to a lot of players helmets being dislodged. That is another thing I see more than ever. I think these players want their helmets to come off for that attention.

when I played, I wanted my helmet snugged, to prevent if from coming off and more importantly dropping down, striking my nose.
Old Sun Nov 20, 2005, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Obviously NFL doesn't care. NCAA - don't know.

For H.S. we're on it. I'm from NJ just outside of Philly. Of course the Eagles are huge here and McNabb has a 4-buckle chin strap and only buckles 2 as you always see from close-up TV shots. And, every time I see it on a high school field I usually say "Yo, Donovan buckle up your chin strap." They know exactly what they're doing and why because I usually get a smile from the kid and he complies.

Old Sun Nov 20, 2005, 04:40pm
tpaul

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge
Obviously NFL doesn't care. NCAA - don't know.

For H.S. we're on it. I'm from NJ just outside of Philly. Of course the Eagles are huge here and McNabb has a 4-buckle chin strap and only buckles 2 as you always see from close-up TV shots. And, every time I see it on a high school field I usually say "Yo, Donovan buckle up your chin strap." They know exactly what they're doing and why because I usually get a smile from the kid and he complies.

yes, we see that alot....
Old Mon Nov 21, 2005, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

in the nfl, rules about self protection are not that important. chinstraps, kneepads, etc. it seems like the teams or agents would try to encourage their "investments" to protect themselves. in highschool, if a kid doesn't think it is a big deal, i will expain to him the difference between an nfl helment and the piece of crap he is wearing. the helments in highschool are not custom made for the players (at least not in most cases)

**oh yeah, that explanation came before a game while talking with the captains.