The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 06, 2005, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

I am looking to advance to officiate college football from high school. I have been told i need to get college rule books, case books, and mechanics. Where is a good place to find this info? Is it available on the Internet as a downloadable file?

Thanks
Old Thu Oct 06, 2005, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Check my site. There are a handful of files on there that will get you started. There is a link at the bottom of my site to Rom Gilbert's page. Lots of good stuff there.
Next, check here: http://www2.ncaa.org/sports/fall/foo...ens/index.html
There is an electronic version of the NCAA rule book there. You can print it out, 6 pages to a page, double sided on only like 20 pieces of paper. A little hard to read but will get you by until you can purchase/work in a conference.
Next, buy a Reddings guide and a mechanics manual (6 man/7 man/ both-depending on area and level), or see if someone has a version from last year they don't need anymore. These will serve as a good intro/study aid until the new stuff comes out next year. I get my stuff from Honigs. I'm sure you can get it from other vendors but Honigs has everything you need. Another good investment is the Rules differences book published by referee mag. There is an abbreviated version on the nfhs.org web site.
There are other things I am missing. Help me out guys. If I do think of anything else I will post it.
Good luck! It is amazing the difference between the speed and quality of the play! And I only do college JV in the NAIA. I can't imagine what NCAA DI looks like!
Old Sun Oct 09, 2005, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

What are the major differences between NCAA and NF?

I know about not killing it for offsides / encrocement or that kicks can be returned once they break the plane.
Old Sun Oct 09, 2005, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonofanump
What are the major differences between NCAA and NF?

I know about not killing it for offsides / encrocement or that kicks can be returned once they break the plane.
check this site for the differences. look part way down on the left column box football sports/rules information.
http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va...Footer=FB_FOOT
Old Mon Oct 10, 2005, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Thank you, that site is very informative. Have my first reserve game this Sunday and need to learn quickly!