The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

What is the ruling, if any, on one team having a camera in the endzone, and the other team does not have a camera? This camera is a remotely controlled camera that sits on a mast in one endzone. Does this give an unfair advantage to the team that owns the camera?

Is this like the unsporting rule of all teams having to have equal laying conditions? For instance, if one team is allowed to have coaches in a crows nest (coaches box) then the other team is entitled as well.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

I don't believe the rules book covers who can/can't have a camera and where. It does prohibit use of the images, etc. during the game, so as long as the team with the camera isn't looking at the video until after the game, it's probably OK.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 06:42pm
I Bleed Crimson

Quote:
Originally posted by 9redskin4
Is this like the unsporting rule of all teams having to have equal laying conditions? For instance, if one team is allowed to have coaches in a crows nest (coaches box) then the other team is entitled as well.
I say treat it like headsets. Don't get involved in headset problems (A's headset quit working so B has to stop using theirs). Leave it up to game management. Inform the other side of the situation and leave it at that.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

As long as the images are not used during the game I would say that there is no advantage. It is not discussed in the rules and therefore is outside the jurisdiction of the officials.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Suudy
Quote:
Originally posted by 9redskin4
I say treat it like headsets. Don't get involved in headset problems (A's headset quit working so B has to stop using theirs). Leave it up to game management. Inform the other side of the situation and leave it at that.
Nothing in the rules regarding equal access to the video equipment or audio equipment. As mentioned above, if one set of headsets quits working, it's not a problem for the field officials.