The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to MI Official Send a message via Skype™ to MI Official
Lightbulb

Ha d a play last night... 4th and long for K... R1 is under the punt waiting to recieve. R2 pushes K1 into R1 prior to catch. R3 recovers. flag for push in the back on R2. we enforce it PSK from the end of the play (where ball recovered) which is 15 yards behind the foul. PSK is after ball crosees NZ and at the end of the loose-ball play correct??? if not let me know
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MI Official
Ha d a play last night... 4th and long for K... R1 is under the punt waiting to recieve. R2 pushes K1 into R1 prior to catch. R3 recovers. flag for push in the back on R2. we enforce it PSK from the end of the play (where ball recovered) which is 15 yards behind the foul. PSK is after ball crosees NZ and at the end of the loose-ball play correct??? if not let me know
The only thing is with the language. The PSK foul is enforced from the end of the kick, which in this case is the end of the play. If R3 had recovered and advanced, the spot of enforcement would still have been where R3 recovered the ball.
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am not sure if I understand the play. From what I am reading, it sounds like the BIB was after the ball was possessed by R3, if so it is not PSK but a foul during a running play. If the BIB was while the ball was still loose, then PSK and enforce from EOK or spot of foul, whichever is further back.
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

I hope that you only penalized them 10 yards for the block
in the back. A clip is 15. If the block in the back initial contact was at or below the waist, then it was a clip.
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Block in the back will be 10 yds from spot of enforcement (end of the kick) or spot of the foul, whichever is farther back.