The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Angry

I may be slow on this rule change, but for those who did not know about it either here it is:

3-5-2b. An ejected coach must appoint a "new head coach" for the game to continue but that person may NOT call time outs. Only players on the field may call a time out. (case book)

Meaning NFHS Test II question # 78 is TRUE.

I missed this one at the rules meetings. Again, sorry if this redundant but I wanted to get this out.
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

REPLY: That's OK...the FED forgot to acknowledge it as a change. It's labeled with an "*" (meaning change) in the case book, but there's no mention anywhere else.
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
REPLY: That's OK...the FED forgot to acknowledge it as a change. It's labeled with an "*" (meaning change) in the case book, but there's no mention anywhere else.
I agree, sneaky question if you ask me.
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

My entire association got this question wrong and they even changed the answer to F for grading purposes. I just came across this on Wednesday of this week and brought it to some members attention. We are going to make a point of covering this in next weeks association meeting.
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BulldogMcC
My entire association got this question wrong and they even changed the answer to F for grading purposes. I just came across this on Wednesday of this week and brought it to some members attention. We are going to make a point of covering this in next weeks association meeting.
Please elaborate on this. You said the NFHS changed the answer to F and you still all got it wrong. Why did they change the answer key from T to F? Are they counting T as a correct answer?
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

We all got this question wrong. That fact was brought up to in a meeting. I assumed the answer key had it listed as True and had all put false, having not come across or paid attention when we did cross it in the case book. We don't get to keep the tests so I don't have the exact wording, maybe I got it flipped, but either way, when the entire board gets it wrong 50+ officials, and we cannot find a change from last year, we just assumed the answer key was wrong and everyone got credit for it. Thankfully, no one needed that extra point, but had they needed it I would still give it to them as we had not addressed that change and had been drilling it home in past seasons so hard that only the HC could and only a replacement HC could if the HC got ejected, not went to the HC went to a press box.
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

In our rules meeting in Kansas we were clearly told that this year it was not allowable to have the replacement HC call timeouts this year when last year it was legal. The only problem was that last year they also told us it was not allowed. The ruling must have come out after our meetings in 2004 to change that ruling.
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
I agree, sneaky question if you ask me.
Much of the test is sneaky.