The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 09, 2005, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

I was watching a Taft vs Crenshaw game on television last night. Does California play modified NF rules? The reason I ask this question is the referee allowed a muffed free kick enter the endzone and allow the kick returner to retrieve the ball and return the ball to his own 13 yard line. I saw many players wearing adornments.

There are many high school games shown on our cable system. I've seen games officiated by Tennessee, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, California and Alabama officials. Sideline control and adornments were not emphasized in any of the games. I was really surprised that the officials for the Neese vs Hoover game did not enforce sideline control or adornments. Our state office sent out e-mails concerning both of these items during the preseason. Both e-mails contained strong language concerning the enforcement of these items.
Old Tue Sep 13, 2005, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

I believe you'll find that the state (AHSAA) is SELECTIVELY enforcing the points of emphasis. While some games have obvious conflict with the state's position on adornments and sideline management on Nat'l TV, they go unpunished while other associations within the state are placed on probation for one official not enforcing his sideline properly in a single game. Yes, you read it correctly, one official with a handful of sideline management issues in one game results in the entire association being placed on probation for the remainder of the season.
Old Tue Sep 13, 2005, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alabamabluezebra
I was watching a Taft vs Crenshaw game on television last night. Does California play modified NF rules? The reason I ask this question is the referee allowed a muffed free kick enter the endzone and allow the kick returner to retrieve the ball and return the ball to his own 13 yard line. I saw many players wearing adornments.
I don't usually work football in Calif. but I did have the opportunity to do just that this last Friday night. In the pre-game discussion we were reminded that any “kick” entering the R’s end zone is a touchback. We were also reminded to look for any of the popular “bracelets” that are being worn these days and to make sure that they are removed.