The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 01:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
I heard a Miami player was ejected tonight in their game against FSU. What happened? Cannot find anything on it.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 03:05am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

There was an ejection. I was flipping between that game and the CFL Labour Day Classic and saw the tail end of the R facing TV.

I think there were 3 fouls on the play. The R had someone out of TV range feeding him the #s. IMO, he did not look like a veteran R during that sequence.
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 03:47am
Official Forum Member

3 fouls with 3 numbers? I would absolutely need help to make that announcement!
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 04:40am
Official Forum Member

There was about 10 minutes left in 2d qtr. Miami punted. The FSU flier on F''s (FSU #4) was blocked and knocked down and violently into the returner, Miami #26 at the Miami 30. Ball bounced off #26's helmet and forward to the 35 where a Miami player fell on it. Both the B and F threw flags at the are where the punt returner was. It was announced that there was KCI on "#26 of the kicking team" and a dead ball personal foul with an ejection on #34 of the kicking team. It was not in TV camera view but apparently #34 threw a punch at someone away from the play.

I am still trying to figure out how they could call the KCI since #4 was clearly blocked into the returner. I can understand the B missing it but the ball was coming down into the middle zone so F had nothing to do but watch the flier all the way.
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TXMike
There was about 10 minutes left in 2d qtr. Miami punted. The FSU flier on F''s (FSU #4) was blocked and knocked down and violently into the returner, Miami #26 at the Miami 30. Ball bounced off #26's helmet and forward to the 35 where a Miami player fell on it. Both the B and F threw flags at the are where the punt returner was. It was announced that there was KCI on "#26 of the kicking team" and a dead ball personal foul with an ejection on #34 of the kicking team. It was not in TV camera view but apparently #34 threw a punch at someone away from the play.

I am still trying to figure out how they could call the KCI since #4 was clearly blocked into the returner. I can understand the B missing it but the ball was coming down into the middle zone so F had nothing to do but watch the flier all the way.
They never showed the replay or any video of #34, so it is unclear what he did to be ejected.

As for the KCI, I think they just "kicked" it, no pun(t) intended.
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Miami Herald newspaper said the player was ejected for a punch.
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone see the flag thrown for the player taking his helmet off then they waved it off saying it came off during the play?

Didn't look like it to me- I think the R made the decision that they weren't going to make that call at that point of the game.

Thoughts?
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

I saw that - and I could see it both ways. The helmet did come loose. Not OFF, but loose, and the kid couldn't see. He was apparently being taunted at the same time. Don't blame him for removing the helmet to see if he was about to get hit... but I didn't think it was coming completely off on it's own.
Old Tue Sep 06, 2005, 03:43pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Dommer1
You must not do basketball.

BB officials must know 2 #s when calling double fouls. What's one more #?

Do you remember your phone number? That's 7 numbers, 10 if you count the area code.
Old Wed Sep 07, 2005, 02:14am
Official Forum Member

But my phone number has been pretty much the same number the last 6 years, and even I can learn to remember a number by heart given 6 years.
Old Wed Sep 07, 2005, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dommer1
You must not do basketball.

BB officials must know 2 #s when calling double fouls. What's one more #?

Do you remember your phone number? That's 7 numbers, 10 if you count the area code.
Bad comparison. If you have a double foul in basketball, you really only need to know two numbers and the fact that you had a double foul, pretty easy since you saw what happened and you made the call.

If you have 3 fouls in football, neither of which you have called, you're going to need some help. You'll need to remember 3 numbers and the fouls associated with each number, not so easy if you ask me.