The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 13, 2005, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Looking for good source for training tapes.
Old Thu Jul 14, 2005, 08:40am
tpaul

Quote:
Originally posted by bateyes
Looking for good source for training tapes.
Last season I had madehours and hours of training tapes. I had them stored on my computer to make DVDs. 2 weeks ago a virus wiped out my computer lossing all 30 DVDs that I had put together!

Well, I will start over this season again. So, by the end of the season I will have more then.
Old Fri Jul 15, 2005, 02:37am
Official Forum Member

What a bummer!

There are loads of tapes/dvds you can buy for baseball and basketball, but virtually nothing for football. Why?

Pretty much the only tape I've seen for sale is the NCAA Football Officiating Video/DVD. You can order it directly from the NCAA here:

http://ncaa.sportgraphics.biz/index....D05&param_1=16

Officiating.com also sells a DVD with Dick Honig talking about working the Referee position. Frankly, I don't think it was very good, but at least I got it for free.

I wish I had the energy and equipment to make my own tapes.

Edit: Actually, the NCAA "tape" is a CD-ROM, not a DVD.
Old Fri Jul 15, 2005, 09:36am
tpaul

I agree there isn't much football stuff out there. I would love to make and produce some etuff. I have a NFHs video I bought bakc in....I will guess it is from 1999. It's called "Rules Update." I picked it and thougght it was awesome for new officials because it covers everything from pregame, coaches meeting, on field mechanics, penalty enforcement and some indepth stuff. The problem is it cover 1999 rules which has changed since then. I still use the video, which I transfered to DVD, for cadet training. I stop it when a rule change comes up and explain what it is today.

I also have the Dick Honig video. I like it myself but is it worth the money they are selling it for? I don't think so.

I also saw Honigs is selling You make the call type DVDs but I know our vice-chairman ordered them and they have been back ordered for a long time now....?
Old Fri Jul 15, 2005, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

"You make the call"? If you mean those play situation DVDs, you can get them straight from the guy who makes them.

Check out http://www.rulebooks.com

The guy that runs the company is a nice guy, and he'll answer any questions you might have.

Don't know why I didn't come to think of rulebooks.com as an answer to the original question. Check it out.
Old Fri Jul 15, 2005, 11:46am
tpaul

cool, I will I also ordered the college cd rom, figured I'd check it out...