The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

'EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs said he nearly fired coach Mike Tice last season in an effort to get more out of star receiver Randy Moss...

'McCombs said he was so desperate to "get a spark out of Randy" that he considered firing Tice just before Moss returned from a hamstring injury. At the time, the Vikings had lost three of four games after starting the season 5-1.

"I gave serious thought to replacing Mike when Randy was coming off injury," McCombs said, speaking by teleconference from Texas. "I was trying to think, 'How can I make this thing work where we get that spark?"'

'Changing coaches would have been the quickest way to send a major message, McCombs said, but ultimately he decided to stick with Tice, the league's lowest-paid head coach. Moss and his $75 million contract were eventually shipped to Oakland.'

Hey Red, YOU'RE the fool (what's the old saying about a fool and his money?) who gave Moss a 75 million dollar contract. And you were thinking of firing Tice for not motivating this immature, show-boating, clown. If SEVENTY-FIVE MILLION DOLLARS isn't motivation, there's a serious problem. And, it's NOT Tice. Maybe you should fire yourself.

Bob

[Edited by bluezebra on Mar 3rd, 2005 at 05:58 PM]
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

He and many so called "Professional" players are an embarrassment to the game.