The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
From what I understand, Oklahoma head office has stated they approve white on the shoes like NFL officials wear (i.e. black with white stripes) if the local association approves of it and if the entire crew wears it. Used to be that we could wear all black only.

I like the idea, tho the white could be a pain to keep that way.

Any thoughts?

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

White seems like a pain to keep white, all black is easy lol.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Smile White on shoes.

I use New Balance because I like the wider sizes they offer. (My feet are wide from going bare-foot as a young lad growing up in Hawaii).

New Balance has those white N's on each side. I clean my shoes with the "Shoe Magic" brand cleaner that Honig's used to sell, and then apply the black polish on the black areas only.

My question is this: if you want to cover the white area of your shoes, what is the best way to do this?
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

I'd love to get those New Balance shoes too (I wear the 4E running shoes all the time). The only reason I haven't bought a pair is because of that big white N and trying to get rid of it or cover it up.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

I bought the reeboks which had a white "Reebok" on the side and a logo thing on the back. I covered mine using a permenant marker, then I went over it with shoe polish. No one would ever know that it wasn't black to begin with, even at close inspection.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

my trusty old
Spot-Bilts had some white on the
tops of the tongues and on the back
of the shoe-- a little black dye did the
trick !!
I think all black is best.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Take them to a shoe repair shop and have them apply black dye to the white areas. The white then becomes permanently black.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim S Send a message via AIM to Jim S
Quote:
Originally posted by jack015
Take them to a shoe repair shop and have them apply black dye to the white areas. The white then becomes permanently black.
Or you can go to the store and buy Black shoe dye.

Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2!
Old Mon Feb 28, 2005, 10:50am
Small Business Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by jack015
Or you can go over the white area with a Sharpie (Fine point or wider) indelible marking pen and then black shoe polish.

Remember, the key to the Oklahoma statement isthat it includes:...only if the entire crew wears them... This policy clearly eliminates the lone ranger yet allows crews to dress alike, I can live with that.
That being said, what they do in Oklahoma is jussss fiiiine! However, my new spotbilt shoes are all black as I used a Sharpie and black shoe polish as described above to remove all white areas.
Old Mon Feb 28, 2005, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

I work the sideline crew (sticks) at the pro games in my city (Canada) and my shoes are not the same brand as the league sponsor so I have to cover up the logos on my shoes for all games. I found that the easiest way to cover up the white is with black spray paint that gets re-applied throughout the year...the sharpie thing didn't work at all.

Course, the league could just GIVE me a pair of branded shoes, but I'm not holding my breath....
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

If the white logo is sewn on to the shoe then you maybe able to remove the stitching and remove the logo without it being noticible. If it is embossed then a Sharpie or dye may work but sometimes it won't stick very well. It also doesn't need to look perfect from 1 foot away because the closest anybody who cares will look at your shoes is about 4 or 5 feet.
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 09:32am
Ref Ump Welsch

I just used black craft paint from Walmart and then polish over that. Lasted for a long, long time.
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 11:00am
Get away from me, Steve.

Am I the only one that thinks a little white is no big deal?

Of course I have bigger problems with my crew than a little white on the shoes
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

My crew for next year will all be wearing the new Reeboks with the white on the side. It is a comfortable shoe and we all plan on matching.

I have no problem with a little white on the shoe if the crew matches. There is another crew in the chapter that wears the Adidas with the white stripes.
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. If I went around claiming I was an emperor just because some moistened bink lobbed a scimitar at me, they would put me away.
-Monty Python-
Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

That is something that doesn'T get any comments here in Germany, at least not in my area.
We don't have set crews, and are always mixed and matched. Uniforms have to be the same (R decides long sleaves or short), but as long as we all have 'mostly' black shoes, and keep them clean, there is no (or has been until now) no discussion about shoes.

James