The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 08:10pm
Official Forum Member

I was surfing around eBay today, looking for some good deals on gear, and I found this, I'd bid on a pair, but I'm not a size 9.

From what I can tell there are two pairs, here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...361790871&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...361790915&rd=1
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Good pair of shoes, not a size 9, doubt anyone here is.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the info.

Some of us do have smaller feet. It was quite an advantage back in college when I was a kicker. It paid for three years of college. I was able to cram my right foot into a 7 or 7 1/2 shoe even when I wore an 8 1/2 on my left foot. Today 9 or 9 1/2 are just right so I got both pairs.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

I was a 9.

In 8th grade.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

On the subject of shoes, I figured out that the Spot-Bilt shoes sell for way less on their website than on other websites. The Grid XT sold for $59.95, vs. $82.95 at Amazon and other sites, and AFAICT they have free shipping as well.

I tried to find these (and other official's) shoes around town without much luck. I found an Asics running shoe I like that comes in black, but the silver highlights won't black out.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Those reeboks are the way to go, for 25 bucks! That is an amazing deal, my pair cost atleast twice as much. I own a pair of spotbilts and I prefer the reeboks over them, the reeboks shine up real nice.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

My situation is complicated by the fact that I can't find any stores that carry the shoes I want to try. Since I've worn Saucony Grid shoes before, I figured the sizing and shoe features would likely be similar (since Saucony owns Spot-Bilt). Plus, they mention stability in the XT description, and I wear stability shoes for running.

I would have gone for those auction shoes if they were the right size, but oh well.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered mine online, I own a regular pair of reeboks, so I just went with that size and they fit fine.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

If only they made our shoes like running shoes. I have always bought Asics running shoes as they are the most comfortable footwear I've owned. Feet are never sore and they last. I don't see why it's so tough to make a comfortable official's shoe that's lightweight and supportive like the Asics shoe.

I might just buy a pair and dye them black this year. The Spots make my feet hurt and the Cons are too big and bulky.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ABoselli
If only they made our shoes like running shoes. I have always bought Asics running shoes as they are the most comfortable footwear I've owned. Feet are never sore and they last. I don't see why it's so tough to make a comfortable official's shoe that's lightweight and supportive like the Asics shoe.

I might just buy a pair and dye them black this year. The Spots make my feet hurt and the Cons are too big and bulky.
I had considered doing this, but the Asics Gel 110 seems to work pretty well. However, I can't figure out how to black out the reflective stripes (they won't take shoe polish).
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Black athletic tape?
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 01:33pm
Small Business Owner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LaxRef
Quote:
...I can't figure out how to black out the reflective stripes (they won't take shoe polish).
Perhaps try blacking them out with a Sharpie marking pen first, then shoe polish over that. This method works quite well on many types of shoes.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KWH
Quote:
Originally posted by LaxRef
Quote:
...I can't figure out how to black out the reflective stripes (they won't take shoe polish).
Perhaps try blacking them out with a Sharpie marking pen first, then shoe polish over that. This method works quite well on many types of shoes.
this is how i did mine.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Has anyone ever considered wearing actual football cleats? Adidas makes a nice pair of quickslant cleats in black on black.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sloth
Has anyone ever considered wearing actual football cleats? Adidas makes a nice pair of quickslant cleats in black on black.
I can't imagine running 3 or 4 games in one day wearing football cleats. My legs and back would kill me. I'll only wear cleats for officiating if the ground is really slippery.

I did try the marker thing on my Asics, and it seems to have worked. I had incorrectly assumed that if the refelective areas wouldn't take shoe polish then they wouldn't take marker either. It's not perfect, but they look pretty good and they'll be comfortable to run in.