The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Not only am I new to the board, but I am also a rookie official. I began officiating high school ball in fall of 03, but had to give it up early as my National Guard unit was deployed to Iraq. I have only been on the field twice, once for a couple of JV games and also one Saturday for some Pee Wee games.
I am scheduled to come home soon and want to get back into officiating in the fall. My question is where online can I find more info on rules and situations to do some studying. I know time on the field is like gold in your pocket, but I need to learn the rules inside and out and wish to study up. Can anyone provide me some good links to look at.
Thanks

Trip

[Edited by Trip41 on Feb 7th, 2005 at 10:58 AM]
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Trip41: First, join the NFHS (nfhs.org) and you will get access to the online rule book and case book. Second this link has been posted here and is a good one:

http://www.football.refs.org/workshop/
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

REPLY: First off, thanks for everything you and your comrades are doing in the Middle East. We are indebted to you and your families.

Now, to football...your profile says you're from Alabama. That means that you're most likely officiating under National Federation rules. I would stay tuned to this website. It primarily discusses Federation rules but also touches on NCAA rules and even some Canadian Football rules. Also check out the National Federation website and their discussion board http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va...?ubb=forum&f=9 . There they speak Federation rules exclusively. As you read these boards, you'll get to know some of the posters and can evaluate what they offer. Both of these sites discuss elements of officiating beyond the rulebook like mechanics, philosophies of officiating, etc.
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Guys

Hey thanks for the info. I just want to try to learn as much as possible so I feel comfortable on the field. I went to one local clinic (required by my association) and really enjoyed it. I do plan on attending more when I get home and get the chance. I know nothing replaces experience, but I want to be as knowledgeable as possible before hitting the field.
Thanks again