The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

I happen to run across the 2004 Fed Mechanics test and thought it might be a good change of pace. These will be T/F questions.

1. It is not necessary for the field-clock operator to attend the pre-game conference.

2. Except for the R, the other officials move toward their kickoff positions during the toss.

3. In order to observe all action around the ball, the covering official should stop as he sounds the whistle.

4. On a kickoff, the U signals the clock to start when the kick is touched in his area other than first touching by K.

5. On a kickoff, the linesman maintains position enabling coverage of middle of the field.

6. On a running play the R checks the two second count after a huddle or shift.

7. On a running play the L and LJ count A players and identify eligible recievers on their side.

8. On a scrimmage kick the BJ stays with the ball when a fair catch signal is given but a catch is not made.

9. When a player is disqualified, the calling official shall notify the R, offending player and coach.

10. During a TO, the R notifies each team of the number of remaining TO's.
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kdf5
I happen to run across the 2004 Fed Mechanics test and thought it might be a good change of pace. These will be T/F questions.

1. It is not necessary for the field-clock operator to attend the pre-game conference. False, a pain to meet with them when they arive so late, but probably a good thing to do. IMO

2. Except for the R, the other officials move toward their kickoff positions during the toss. False, U is with R, and others, depending on how you do will be around the hashes.

3. In order to observe all action around the ball, the covering official should stop as he sounds the whistle. False, move in to make sure action stops

4. On a kickoff, the U signals the clock to start when the kick is touched in his area other than first touching by K. True if he is the covering official. Whoever the covering official is should do this.

5. On a kickoff, the linesman maintains position enabling coverage of middle of the field. In NF, he is on the 30, so depends on where ball comes down. Odd question!

6. On a running play the R checks the two second count after a huddle or shift. False, but he does check the 1 SECOND COUNT after the huddle or a shift.

7. On a running play the L and LJ count A players and identify eligible recievers on their side. False, they count B players and identify eligibles.

8. On a scrimmage kick the BJ stays with the ball when a fair catch signal is given but a catch is not made. True, cuz he will blow dead on recovery by R.

9. When a player is disqualified, the calling official shall notify the R, offending player and coach. True

10. During a TO, the R notifies each team of the number of remaining TO's. False, the wings are to do this.
I hate some of these, but will wing it, with my bolded answers, and maybe comments, above.
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

REPLY: I always thought that nothing could be worse than the wording of the TRUE - FALSE questions on the Federation Rules exams...then I saw the Mechanics exams!!!
Thumbs Down
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
REPLY: I always thought that nothing could be worse than the wording of the TRUE - FALSE questions on the Federation Rules exams...then I saw the Mechanics exams!!!
Thumbs Down
I hear ya, the mechanics exam is wacked out!
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Bob, where do you get your icon dudes that are so creative. Some of them are pretty cool!