The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 07:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
I'm looking for some suggestions for odd or interesting game situations that I could use as a topic of discussion for tonight's pregame. No need to rehash what's been posted here lately, I'll review them myself. But if there's anything interesting that might make for good pregame fodder, please submit.

Thanks
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

We had a great discussion a couple of weeks ago about when a loose ball becomes dead. Such as, a fumble hits the U in the middle of the field vs a fumble hitting the LJ who is standing on the sideline. Or a backward pass is missed and hits the chain upright post. Or a scrimmage kick hits a bird. Or a rolling fumble hits the pylon at the goal line. Etc, etc.

Funny things can happen when the ball is not in player possession, and the rules call for different outcomes.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

PSK

Field mechanics. If you are not in the correct position, how can you make a good call.

Make sure that everyone understands the PSK rule.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Re: PSK

Quote:
Originally posted by chiefgil
Field mechanics. If you are not in the correct position, how can you make a good call.

I have a grip on PSK and would like to read more threads on it. But the search feature is disabled. Can anyone link me to some of the better threads on PSK? tnx.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: PSK

Quote:
Originally posted by WyMike
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefgil

I have a grip on PSK and would like to read more threads on it. But the search feature is disabled. Can anyone link me to some of the better threads on PSK? tnx.
Go to Google and click advanced search, then type officialforum.com to narrow down your search. Works like a seearch function.

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=PS...om&safe=images
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

If You're In Canada

Make sure you know who's responsible for identifying the on-side guy on any kick from scrimmage.
Old Sat Oct 30, 2004, 07:27am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: If You're In Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Make sure you know who's responsible for identifying the on-side guy on any kick from scrimmage.
J,

Did you read the Canadian Press article (that should have been in the Spec) about the officiating and the league?
Old Sat Oct 30, 2004, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Scrimmage kick formation, numbering expection in effect, Umpire needs to identify the ineligable receivers. We had number 8 snapping the ball, they faked the punt and ran a pass play. 8 ran right past our U and was at least 10 yards beyond the line. We missed it.

We had another seldom seen situation last night. The runner was hit and lost his helment. The play needs to be whistled down at that point and no forward progress awarded. We got that one.
Old Sat Oct 30, 2004, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: If You're In Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
J,

Did you read the Canadian Press article (that should have been in the Spec) about the officiating and the league?
I haven't read any of the articles yet, we had a meeting last monday and a good portion was spent covering the issue.

Correction I just read a few of the articles on the spectators website, nothing I already didn't know.

I ran into the comish and the director of officiating at the argo game on thursday night. I thought about asking them about it, but i thought that would've been way outta line.

[Edited by ref18 on Oct 30th, 2004 at 09:51 PM]
Old Mon Nov 01, 2004, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

REPLY: For a good pre-game, how about a thorough discussion of illegal substitution and illegal participation.