The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Question

I am very interseted in getting started in football officiating. I have contacted my local association and they are very week in the area of football. They offered virtually no assistance. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on what is the best way to get started. Thanks
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Try the state association for high school athletics. They'd be a good place to start. Chances are there's a website and someone who is in charge of officiating for the state. They'll tell you how best to go about it. Chances are you're looking at next year before you can do games, but go for it.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

There should be some association that governs the schools in your state. I would try them. In my state they are the ones that license and oversee all officials.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Talk to a few local officials. They should be able to help you out. If you get started, I have a ton of stuff I have compliled for my crew and would be willing to share any and all to help you out. It is a great sport to work. Good luck!
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by constpe
I am very interseted in getting started in football officiating. I have contacted my local association and they are very week in the area of football. They offered virtually no assistance. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on what is the best way to get started. Thanks
Or you can tell us what state you're from and maybe one of us are from there and if not we can problay give you a contact anyways.